TITLE: Sexual Orientation Gender Identity and Expression and Child Rights Senior Project Officer
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Child Protection, Child Right Governance
LOCATION: Bangkok, Thailand
CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 year
The Sexual Orientation Gender Identity and Expression (SOGIE) and Child Rights Senior Project Officer works under the guidance and supervision of the Child Protection Program Manager (CPPM) and in close coordination with partner to ensure effective, efficient and cost-sensitive operations of the “LGBTQI+ children and youths enjoy respect for their rights” project.
The Senior Project Officer will assist to ensure that Save the Children Thailand activities are consistent with SCI and Members’ programming principles and approaches, draw on good practices and lessons learned, enable children to attain their rights and are compliant with donor regulations.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Child Protection Program Manager
Staff reporting to this post: None
Budget Responsibilities: Yes
Role Dimensions: The role will communicate and build and maintain good working relationships with a number of internal and external stakeholders, and implementation partner. The post holder is required to closely collaborate with other child protection program staff in their work.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Management of LGBTQI + and Child Rights project:
- Lead implementation of LGBTQI+ project (2020-2022)
- Work closely with local partners in project implementation to ensure quality and timely delivery of project activities.
- Support CPPM in liaising and managing relationships and contracts with key project partners including local partner.
- Work closely with the team to share information and support the implementation on time and to ensure the project team works productively.
- Develop Project Detailed Implementation Plan and Indicator Performance Tracking Table to ensure productivity and quality implementation.
- Provide support for partners in developing their respective Detailed Implementation Plan consistent with the overall project plan.
- Maintain database, records for case studies, consent forms, photos, and other data for project planning and documentation.
- Coordinate all logistical issues for visits, project activities and other related actions.
- Collaborate with CP team as well as partners to develop and disseminate appropriate promotional and dissemination of information and materials;
- Serve as the main contact to represent the Project with relevant technical groups, civil society groups, NGOs, and UN agencies for effective implementation and scalability of the project.
- Maintain effective collaborations with other partners and organizations and related projects in the same provinces for better integration and coordination;
- Work closely with line manager and finance team in overall project budgeting, monthly cash request, phasing budgets and expense claim.
- Support CPPM in monitoring project budgets and partners’ budgets and financial reports.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all Save the Children resources in order to keep cost-efficiency of the actions.
- Frequently monitor the budget of the sub-grant Agreement with local partner.
- Comply with SCI and donor’s requirements on expenditures; provide support to partners on compliance.
- Provide technical assistance in terms of LGBTQI+ children rights issues to the Child Rights Governance (CRG) team members and to partners on approaches and implementation methods consistent with acknowledged good practice to achieve sustainable results.
- Provide technical support in terms of LGBTQI+ inclusion to internal SC operations and implementation methods. This includes conduct internal capacity trainings for SC and partners.
- Support CPPM and the Business Development team to actively provide inputs to developing new concept notes/proposals and program strategies related to inclusion of LGBTQI +children’s rights
- Participate in Country Annual Planning and gather necessary information, as required.
- Field test and make recommendations on the quality of LGBTQI + materials including training manuals, documentation, and other project materials.
- Support CPPM in conducting Child Rights capacity strengthening for LGBTQI + groups.
- Regularly coordinate and collaborate with other sector/thematic teams to strengthen programmatic synergies and impact.
Monitoring and evaluation
- Lead project-level monitoring, with MEAL team’s support.
- Oversee baseline and project evaluation roll-out and lead on other learning events, with support from MEAL and CPPM
- Lead development of case studies and other project materials.
- Compile reports for submission to managers and support to produce regular internal and donor reports.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- University degree in social sciences, social development or related field
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Familiarity with LGBTQI + and child rights issues.
- Minimum 3 years of project management experience, preferably in LGBTQI+ and CRG projects;
- Experience of working with local government and CSO partners;
- Excellent Thai and English, both written and verbal;
- Good communication skills and a positive attitude to team work;
- Good organisational skills, including time management, ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- Solid experience in knowledge/experience of effective budget monitoring;
- Have experience writing/ preparing donor reports;
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness;
- Be both self-confident and humble;
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
SCI offer competitive National package; Transportation & Communication allowance, Wellness Top up, 13th month salary & Annual leave 20 days, etc.
Interested candidates should apply and submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV, expected salary and details of at least 3 referees via the following link;
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
Contact : HR; 02 684 1286-88 ext. 608
เจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerผู้ช่วย / Assistantเจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officerนักกิจกรรม / Activist