Internews Network is an international media development organization whose mission is to empower local media worldwide to give people the news and information they need, the ability to connect, and the means to make their voices heard. This consultancy comes within a USAID-funded INSPIRES project. INSPIRES aims to increase knowledge and capacity to respond to growing restrictions on democratic freedoms of association, assembly, and expression.
Internews is seeking a Fact-Checking Trainer to localize a training curriculum and deliver a four-day fact-checking training of trainers (ToT) for journalists, civil society representatives and journalism academia. The training is aimed at increasing the quality of available information online and contributing to the public’s understanding and awareness of mis/disinformation. Internews will work with the Consultant to conduct a closed focus group discussion with key stakeholders such as representatives from fact-checking platforms, journalists, academics, human rights workers and civil society organizations to gather feedback on the current spread of misinformation and existing fact-checking platforms in Thailand. Feedback gathered in the discussion will contribute to the design of a fact-checking ToT curriculum suitable for Thai context. The Consultant will also provide remote mentoring support to participants to develop follow-on activities such as training and fact-checking networks.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Conduct a closed focus group discussion with Internews staff – 1 day in Bangkok
- Localize a four-day training curriculum tailored to Thai context - 5 days remote
- Deliver training to 15 journalists, civil society representatives and journalism academia in Bangkok – 4 days in Bangkok
- Mentoring support to trained journalists, civil society representatives and journalism academia; Reporting – 4 days remote
- Report from a closed focus group discussion
- Training Course Outline
- Training Curriculum and materials
- Pre/post tests for participants
- Final Report with lessons-learned and recommendations for future training
- Degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Knowledge of media/journalism in Thailand required.
- Demonstrated ability to review and analyze training requirements required.
- Experience designing a training curriculum and leading a fact-checking training course required.
- Knowledge/experience with fact-checking required.
- Excellent English and Thai language communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent inter-cultural communication skills/cultural sensitivity and the ability to forge strong cross-cultural relationships and build trust demonstrated through previous intercultural experience.
- Strong facilitation, presentation, writing and communication skills, including solid English writing skills to a publishable standard.
- Experience working with Thai journalist and CSO communities.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and reliably, to a high standard and to deadline.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
APPLICATION GUIDELINES and REQUIREMENTS
Applications should include the below documentation.
- A CV and 2 recommendation
- Evidence of training work
- A short cost justification – including your salary history and/or daily rate for your last 3 consultancies.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
ที่ปรึกษา / Consultantผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorนักพัฒนาโครงการ / Creative content developerนักกิจกรรม / Activist