FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Due to project expansion in the Asia Pacifc Region, we are looking for qualified candidates for Finance Officer to support our Project Offices and Country Offices. This posiiton is based in Bangkok, Thailand
The incumbent of this position is responsible for providing advice and guidance on the general financial feasibility, adequacy of funds, monitoring Implementing Agency (IA) to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the IA agreement. Maintaining and providing orientation on Web-Based Implementing Agency (IA) tracking system. S/he is also responsible for reviewing Subaward Finance Report (SFR), payment voucher from country. S/He is Asia Pacific Regional Office (APRO) backstop for banking management
1. Lead on Web-Based Implementing Agency (IA) tracking system (SAT). Provide technical support to country office staff in implementing web-based IA tracking system and ensure information in the system is up to date
2. Provide orientation on Web-Based Implementing Agency (IA) tracking system.
3. Review Implementing Agency budget and Subaward Finance Report (SFR) for correctness and completeness, ensure that reports are submitted on time and follow up on issues identified through field visits and MFR review (for country assigned)
4. Ensure that IA’s expenditures are in compliant with approved budget and supporting documents and are consistent with FHI360 and award policy.
5. Prepare subaward monitoring report to finance support team on a quarterly basis. Analyze and raise issue or concern to team
6. Assist in IA close-out process ensuring all requirements have been met and IA funds have been settled
7. Prepare/Review travel expense claim, payment voucher from country offices as assigned
8. Prepare data for financial management reports, e.g. revenue forecasts, quarterly financial reports, and other financial reports as assigned
9. Review and process country offices cash flow request and submit to HQ
10. Backstop for banking management among all FHI Asia offices, APRO and HQ, this include but not limit to close, open, amend, new bank, and update bank signatories and banking information matrix of the region
11. Manage APRO filing including finance support shared points.
12. Perform other related duties as assigned
APPLIED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
1. Budget monitoring and general ledger skills.
2. Relevant software skills to include automated accounting software, database spreadsheets and Management Information Systems.
3. Follow-up request in an efficient manner
4. Report to supervisor on variance and status on regular basis
5. Handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering, verifying and analyzing financial data.
6. Ability to handle multiple tasks and demanding schedules to deliver high quality results on time
7. Flexible approach to working hours and the ability to work under pressure
8. Ability to work in, and contribute, to team building environment.
PROBLEM SOLVING & IMPACT:
1. Analyzes moderately complex business operations and financial statements.
2. Reviews and determines compliance with laws and regulations; draws conclusions; makes recommendations for approval.
3. Reviews and analyze recommendations from peers.
4. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would normally require a moderate expenditure of resources to rectify.
SUPERVISION GIVEN/ RECEIVED:
1. Works under very general supervision. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
2. Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals.
3. Serves as a resource to others in resolving moderately complex problems; identifies substantive issues that are thoroughly and accurately researched and analyzed.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
1. Typically requires 5-7 years of accounting or finance experience.
2. Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with client and staff.
3. Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
4. Computer spreadsheet experience required.
5. Prior experience working with international NGOs and government organizations will be an advantage.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to travel (domestically and internationally) as needed up to a 10%.
1. 20 days annual leave for new joiner + 17 public holidays
2. Work-Life balance
3. Happy work environment
4. Flexible working hours
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click ** here ** to apply directly via FHI 360's Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: 02 2635273