Plan International Thailand
Job Advertisement: Regional Education Advisor, APAC
Plan International is a rights-based development and humanitarian organization working for equality for girls and better lives for all children. We are independent of governments and have no political or religious affiliation.
Our purpose is to strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Position: Regional Education Advisor, APAC
Assignment duration: 2 Year Fixed- Term Contract with possibility of extension
Duty station: Countries in Asia with Plan's operational presence.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building powerful partnerships for children, especially girls, for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, including 15 in Asia-Pacific.
This post provides technical support to country offices and regional initiatives in the area of Education. It links the region to Plan’s internal, global Education network and collaboration hub. It helps deliver Plan’s global strategy and regional transformation strategy by supporting gender transformative Education program and influencing of high technical quality at national, regional and global levels. It contributes to regional body influencing, working cross-functionally with advocacy, communications, campaign and evidence and research colleagues.
The role is expected to spend approximately 40% of its time directly supporting Country Offices, 30% supporting regional initiatives, representation and partnerships, and 30% working with the global Education Hub team and network to facilitate cross-organisational learning and global initiatives.
This role may manage consultants and activity budgets from time to time but will not have regular staff supervisory responsibilities or general budget authority.
The individual in this position is expected to work in a networked and matrixed way with colleagues across the Plan International family and should be able to set priorities aligned with multiple stakeholders and provide high-quality, professional technical advice and policy input without close day-to-day supervision.
- Supports offices across Asia-Pacific to have the strategies, tools, skills and capacities required to ensure high technical quality in the design, implementation and monitoring of Education projects, programs and initiatives.
- Ensures that offices embed gender transformative approaches and inclusion principles within Education work. Promotes values and attitude transformation within the organization and its partners to foster a positive and rights-based approach to Education.
- Supports APAC COs on the design of Education components of influencing, transformation and other relevant strategies. Supports APAC COs to design well-considered influencing strategies.
- Supports Country Offices in ensuring their Country Strategic Plans have well-designed, ambitious, yet attainable Education components.
- Facilitates new program/project development, provides technical guidance to scale up and sustain Education programs and projects, supports resource mobilization for Education initiatives across the region.
- Promotes organizational learning, working with COs to document promising practices and innovations in Education programming, support global gender-transformative program model development and leads the development of content for regional flagship project briefs related to Education.
- Supports strengthening the Education aspects of broader regional initiatives (e.g. the ending child marriage regional ambition).
- Is an active member of the global Education network, supporting organisational learning, continuous quality improvement and technical excellence (devoting up to 30 percent of their time to the work and priorities of the network, linking COs in the APAC region to the global network and fostering peer support).
- Contributes to shaping tools and related processes on Education across the organisation, representing the views and priorities of the Asia-Pacific Region and ensuring contextualization of global tools.
- Represents Plan at regional and global levels to influence regional and international policy makers on gender equality, inclusion, and girls’ rights related to Education.
- Helps shape the regional research agenda and link it to the global agenda.
- Explores opportunities to develop strategic partnerships with regional and international actors on gender equality, inclusion and girls’ rights related to Education.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures
ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Qualified to at least degree level and have considerable work experience in Education
- Proven knowledge of the latest issues, research, policy and practice in Education programming for children, adolescents and youth, and practical experience applying key concepts and evidence in development and humanitarian contexts
- Technical knowledge and experience in at least one of the core components of Plan’s Education work – teaching and learning, out of school children/youth, school governance, school environment, curriculum and learning materials.
- Understanding of the concept of gender equality and its relationship with education, and personal commitment to gender and inclusion
- Demonstrated technical understanding and experience of application of quality standards and principles in the design, implementation and evaluation of Education projects and programs
- Experience of successful resource mobilisation and partnership acquisition/management
- Practical experience in providing technical support and advice to field staff and country offices
- Enjoys sharing knowledge and learning from activities and evaluation, especially through supporting active networking internally and externally and the development of knowledge products
- Confidence in using our digital environment to access information and to communicate and network with others remotely
- Experience in influencing and relationship building, often without positional power, by bringing evidence and identifying practical solutions.
- Facilitation and training skills;
- Compelling influencer and communicator, comfortable driving change on sensitive topics and neglected areas of Education in restrictive contexts;
- Superior organizational, scheduling, and planning skills to balance multiple activities and projects;
- Strong initiative with the ability to work independently and solve problems with limited supervision;
- Attention to detail as well as an ability to take a big-picture perspective;
- Collaborative work style and eagerness to continually learn and grow;
- Excellent command of English, both speaking and writing;
- Ability to adjust approaches, communication style and behaviour to work effectively across cultures and with diverse stakeholders and communities
- Experience working in at least one Asia-Pacific country context.
- Master’s degree or higher in an area relevant to Education
- Experience with ICT integration in programs
- Experience in working in multiple country contexts
- Fluency in one or more languages commonly used in the countries in Asia-Pacific where Plan works.
How to apply:
Please go to the link provided https://jobs.plan-international.org/job-invite/43837/
If there is any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 10 July 2022
Reference & background checks will be performed for successful candidate including clearance on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Child Safeguarding Policy, Anti-Terrorism Screening (ATS) and Criminal Check Record. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager