About Asylum Access
Asylum Access believes it’s time to put power back in the hands of people who have been forcibly displaced from their home countries.
Our unique combination of legal empowerment, policy advocacy and global systems change creates conditions in which refugees can live safely, move freely, work legally and go to school. By supporting refugees as they assert their rights, we help restore their power and agency. Our work transforms the traditional approach of endless humanitarian handouts to a sustainable solution that honors refugees’ freedom, dignity and autonomy, and empowers them to make choices about their own lives.
Asylum Access’ global team and family of local civil society organizations advocate to make human rights a reality for refugees throughout Africa, Asia and Latin America. Our national organizations are led and staffed primarily by community members in those countries, and there is strong mutual trust and respect between us and our clients. On the international stage, we work with established institutions to shift the global system to better uphold and promote refugees’ human rights. We can help catalyze and lead systemic transformation because, uniquely among NGOs in the refugee response sector, we focus exclusively on rights and governance.
Asylum Access Thailand (AAT) Finance and Operations Team have the overall responsibility of overseeing and managing financial monitoring and reporting with the maximum accountability. Our team works to ensure smooth operations, provision of effective financial management, and strong oversight for the AAT internal control system. We work closely in full compliance with Asylum Access Headquarters (AAHQ), donor rules and regulations, including national laws.
The Finance Coordinator assists AAT’s Deputy Director in the financial management of AAT operations. The Finance Coordinator will work closely with AAHQ’s Global Finance Team in accounting closings, grant financial management, and external and internal auditing.
The Finance Coordinator is in charge of managing the financial activities of AAT operations, including financial analysis and planning, accounting operations and reporting, budgeting, ensuring compliance with financial policies and procedures, and acting as the primary interface with external parties regarding financial matters.
Strategic Planning and Management: 20%
- Serve as the nonprofit finance subject matter expert with respect to the office’s financial system.
- Ensure all AAT staff members adhere to Asylum Access Financial Policies and Procedures.
- Closely monitor budget allocations for both unrestricted and restricted funds, ensuring that funds are spent in line with allocations and suggest reallocations when necessary
- Conduct financial analysis for Thailand resources and grants and provide monthly updates on AAT finances to AAT Deputy Director and leadership team.
- Serve as the Accountant Reviewer of AAT by reconciling bank accounts, current asset accounts, and liabilities.
- Be in charge of the management of prepaid, accruals, deposits, and other balance sheets accounts, as needed.
- Ensure compliance with the financial management of grant agreements and ensure control of spending and compliance with donor’s regulations.
- Manage and supervise charge of expenditures to grants to grantors to ensure that costs are allowable and in line with grant budgets.
- Manage and assist grant financial reporting to grantors.
- Ensure compliance with Taxation Laws of the Royal Thai Government if needed.
- Ensure that the financial operations comply with Accepted Accounting Principle of the Regulatory Body in Thailand, and the Charter and any by-laws of the Organization.
Financial Reports, audit, and control: 60%
- Ensure AAT maintains strong financial and accounting internal controls to ensure the reliability of financial reports. Propose enhancing internal controls, where needed.
- Closely monitor departmental resources through the use of financial tools to ensure that costs are allowable.
- Closely monitor cash inflows and outflows.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual audit, which includes preparation and review of documentation requested by external auditors. Liaise with the external auditors, prepare responses to audit findings, and implement audit recommendations.
- Assist in preparation of annual budgets, including fund allocation to expenses and forecasting discussions.
- Liaise closely with AAHQ Finance Staff on areas regarding, grant budgeting, grant reporting, cash liquidity, internal controls, and global audit.
- Manage month-end grant expense allocations.
- Assist with ad hoc financial analysis, reports, compliance, and project work.
- Assist with year-end org-wide closing activities.
- Assist with formulation of and adherence to class, department and grant budgets
- Manage and assist with budget development for pipeline opportunities or budget amendment requests for existing grants.
Capacity buildings and assisting other staff: 10%
- Advise senior management on financial-related issues, including departmental overspending/underspending or mismanagement of organizational funds.
- Ensure full project comprehension, grants, and compliance by all staff through training, guidance and assistance.
- Monthly check-in with project staff on budget updates to assist them in budget review and revision.
- Assistance with new staff orientations for financial related matters.
- Ensure AAT staff are sufficiently aided in all essential tools required for a sound project financial management system.
Reports to: Asylum Access Thailand’s Deputy Director
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or another relevant subject.
- Demonstrated experience in the non-profit sector
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering financial tools, training programs and procedural guidelines
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of process flows and internal controls.
- A minimum 5-year experience in financial work at management level
- Demonstrated knowledge of process flows and internal controls
- Strong analytical, writing and communication skills
- Strong initiative and ability to take ownership of projects, manage multiple deadlines, and work effectively with a high attention to detail.
- Advanced working knowledge of usage of financial tools i.e. Excel, Netsuite, etc as an asset.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Gmail, Google Drive, and related tools (Docs, Sheets, Calendar, etc.)
- Native Thai speaker and fluent English is essential.
- Demonstrated working experience of or detailed knowledge of the refugee context and framework in Thailand is an asset.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to establish priorities in a time manner and meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality
Hours and Location of Work
The Finance Coordinator is a full-time position based in our offices in Bangkok, Thailand. Candidates should be aware that some flexibility regarding working hours is required in order to take out of hours calls and meetings with international colleagues.
Salary and Benefits
Position comes with a competitive nonprofit salary, and a robust benefits package. The salary ranges between 50,000-60,000 THB.
Application Instructions to Candidates
Send your resume and a cover letter by January 7, 2022. In your cover letter, please describe your reasons for applying, relevant qualifications, preferred start date, expected salary and how you learned about the position.
To apply click the link below:
Asylum Access is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We value the expertise of those who have experienced displacement, and encourage people with such lived experience to apply.
For more information about our organization, visit www.asylumaccess.org.
บัญชี / Accountantการเงิน / Financierผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager