This position is advertised open to internal and external applicants.
Applicants should consult the Recruitment and Assignment of Locally Recruited Staff (RALS), UNHCR/AI/2020/1/Rev. 2 dated 16 March 2021. If you have questions regarding your eligibility, you may also contact the HR Unit.
Internal candidates: An applicant who has internal status is
1) a staff member holding an indefinite or fixed-term appointment in any duty station in the country.
2) Former UNHCR General Service staff members, having held an indefinite or fixed-term appointment for an uninterrupted period of at least one year may apply for internally advertised vacancies at their previous grade or equivalent or one grade above, if the seniority requirements are met, for a period of two years following separation.
3) Candidates who have been granted group 2 status.
External candidates: All the others who meet the essential minimum requirements of the position. Applicants who are not citizens of the country must comply with all eligibility requirements for employment in line with the prevailing legislative prerequisites in the country.
For internal candidates (Group 1 & Group 2): If you are a current employee of our organization or have been enrolled in Group 2, please use the following link instead:
For external candidates: Please submit your letter of motivation, signed Personal History Form by e-mail-mail clearly stating the position title, Job ID and your Last Name in the subject line to RBAPHR@UNHCR.ORG by the closing date.
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The Senior Communications Assistant is normally supervised by a Communication Officer or other position as decided by the senior management in the area of responsibility. The supervisor provides the incumbent with regular guidance. The incumbent will have frequent contacts involving the exchange of a wide range of information with colleagues within UNHCR as well as media, international organizations, academic institutions and private individuals.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR’s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
The incumbent will be supervised by the Senior Communication Officer. S/he will have frequent contacts involving the exchange of a wide range of information with colleagues within UNHCR as well as media, international organizations, academic institutions and private individuals.
- Regularly monitor media and local situation regarding UNHCR.
- Follow-up on administrative and logistical arrangements to organise press briefings and other events, such as workshop and conferences.
- Contribute to the production of information materials for public awareness campaigns and for the preparation of in-house bulletins, newsletters and information kits by contributing to articles, reports and other information gathered from various sources.
- Liaise with printers concerning brochures and publications published by the office.
- Draft routine correspondence and texts for the office's website and maintain information databases.
- Compile and distribute a daily news clipping service.
- Distribute press statements and similar information to media, to other offices locally as well as to Headquarters.
- Maintain up-to-date filing system and appointments diary.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G5 - 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 1 year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Certificates and/or Licenses
International Relations; Journalism; Political Science;
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Some work experience relevant to the position. Communication and computer skills. Excellent drafting skills as well as translation and interpreting skills.
Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of position.
CO-Digital content production
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officer