JOB TITLE: Finance Officer
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Thailand Programme
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term 12 months with possibility to extend, National Hired
The mission of the Finance Officer is to provide cost-effective day to day quality finance services that enhance the work efficiency of Save the Children’s Thailand Programmes and ensures that a high quality of financial management and donor compliance.
He/ She contributes to the sound financial management of the funds spent by observing strict compliance with all Finance Procedures and to all Finance Audit recommendations.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Finance Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: None
Budget Responsibilities: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Planning and Budgeting
- Responsible for the preparation information to budget holders for phasing of the country master budget, and data consolidation for the analysis
- Prepare budget loader for process into Agresso
- Assist on the preparation of staff budget availability
- Prepare monthly Budget vs Actual (BVA) and flag out risk areas to Finance Coordinator for reviewing
- Participant in the monthly budget review meeting and other related meetings
- Assist on the preparation to create financial tool for budget holders or non-finance staff
- Support in revise budget as requested
Reporting and management information
- Preparation of donor financial report reporting
- Checking all member/donor compliance in the financial report before submission
- Assist Finance Coordinator in month-end closing of accounts for Country Office and its projects.
- Responsible for preparing the monthly summary of effort reporting, shared cost and premise
- Provide detail of accounting transactions to team members and other staff when requested
- Coordinate with Finance Coordinator and Field Finance to complete financial analysis for a variety of requirement and ad hoc exercises including the revise budget,
- Consolidate and filing Bangkok Office GJ documents for auditing purpose
- Participate in the donor or grant-specific audit and other audit requirements
- Works with Finance Coordinator in the process of internal audit/ external audit for the projects and Country Office as requested
- Review partner payment from Agresso compared with partner financial report and reconcile partner payment compared with Partner Agreement to ensure correct transactions recorded into Agresso System.
- Assist in partner closeout to ensure complete project end
- Participates and review the partner finance transaction for closeout actions ensuring that all performance has been completed satisfactorily and final vouchers have been submitted.
- Further responsibilities, tasks and competences will be adjusted on based on organisational developments.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Thai National
- Bachelor degree in accounting or financial management or related field all required
- At least 1 - 3 years experience in a finance assistant post
- Proficiency in computer use with various software packages
- Able to travel for work and support to provinces
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Familiarity with an accounting package
- Experience of working with international NGOs
- Good knowledge of computerized accounting packages, MS Excel
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office, outlook, word, excel, and knowledge of databases
- Good interpersonal skills
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health and Safety
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Additional Job Responsibilities
Carry out other tasks as requested by Field Coordinator and Finance Manager Work closely with partners related to finance
Interested candidates should apply and submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV, expected salary and details of at least 3 referees via the following link;
Job Description - Finance Officer (2000070T) (taleo.net)
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”
email@example.com / 02 684 1286 ext. 608
การเงิน / Financier