Title: Consultant - Webpage Developer
Total number of Consultants: 1 Position
Country Program: Livelihood Thailand
Proposed Dates: ASAP until 30 June 2021
Duration: Estimated 7 months
Background of the project
The IRC’s Livelihoods program in Thailand works with cross-sector partners to innovate upskilling, market networking and access, and entrepreneurship development for refugees and migrants living in seven refugee camps and urban areas in Thailand. The IRC’s Livelihoods program aim to build refugees on livelihoods capacity and increase livelihoods opportunity for self-reliance and self- sufficiency to meet their basic need and preparation for return. To increase access to livelihoods opportunities, IRC Livelihoods program provide refugee with market-relevant skills and knowledge, the technical employability skills and financial management skills, through Language skills trainings, Enterprise Fund project, Village Saving and Loan Association (VSLA), Mentorship Program, E-commerce project and External Market projects.
Scope of work
Due to the global issue of Covid-19 outbreak, most people's livelihoods activities were affected especially the vulnerable groups including the refugees. Refugees have faced limited access to most services including livelihood services. Moreover, IRC staffs cannot get access to the camps and refugees in the camps also cannot gather for a big group meetings or trainings due to social distancing practice. Therefore, IRC Livelihoods Program initiated Learn@Home and Earn from Home project. This project aimed to be an alternative opportunity for the refugees to be able to learn by their own about basic business skills, with the provided study tools such as textbook, video clips, worksheets, and group support through online. To be able to provide these learning materials, IRC Livelihood program needs a Webpage Developer to take this responsibility.
The Webpage Developer is responsible to develop a website for Learn@Home and Earn from Home project with required tabs under the supervision of Livelihood Officer by performing the follow tasks.
- The consultant is responsible to create the website according to the training requirement with custom design. Website available for Laptop, Smart Phone, Tablet, and Desktop PC.
- The website must be ready for our target, Refugees and Migrants of 300 people.
- Establish a website/system to record learning history.
- The consultant is responsible to design the website to be accessible in English, Karen and Burmese and also accessible for video clips.
- The consultant is responsible to enrollment webpage of 8 main sessions.
- Provide service/respond within 24 hours after received the request.
- Completion of website for Learn to Earn self-taught according to the conditions and requirement of the IRC under the review of the committee included Livelihood Officer, Senior Livelihoods Manager, and IT Manager.
- Check the complete assignment with Livelihood Officer for the quality and readiness to publish the website
- Responsible to maintenance website and provide service to the end of project 30 June 2021
Languages and computer skills:
Please submit your CV and Cover letter to Thailand.HR@rescue.org
Application deadline: 30 Dec 2020
Contact : +66 (0) 2 253 6519-27 Ext 336