Administrative, Finance, Logistics, and Human Resources Officer
Location: Nang Rong, Buriram province, Thailand
Description of the organization:
La Chaîne de l’Espoir (CDE) is a French non-profit organization founded in 1994. It’s an independent and impartial international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. A key player in healthcare, CDE is committed to providing medical treatment and education to the children who need it the most, their families and communities.
Program in Thailand
CDE has been active in Thailand since 1994 to promote access to quality education for the most vulnerable children by cooperating with a network of 57 primary and secondary schools located in Buriram province. Since 2017, CDE’s mission in Thailand has included in its program strategy the development of a personalized support (educational, health and psycho-social support) to answer to the specific needs of vulnerable children. Socio-educational and school health related activities are also reinforced to contribute to the overall well-being of children and to prevent drop out of schools.
Starting date: as soon as possible
Contract: full time position, one year renewable with 3 months probationary period
Salary: According to internal salary scale, based on profile and experience.
Position within the Organization: Reports to CDE deputy field-coordinator in Thailand
- Supervise administrative records and guarantee that the status and functioning of the program of CDE in Thailand are in legal accordance with the requirements of Thai regulations and in compliance with international standards
- Maintain up-to-date information and report on developments in NGO law and administration regulations.
- Ensure the reporting of activities to the relevant stakeholders at local and national level
- Arrange and support official documentation for staff such as visas, work permits, criminal record checks and other relevant data.
- Ensure the mission’s financial procedures are in line with CDE’s finance policies and established organizational practices
- Ensure that donor rules and regulations are adhered to in finance management
- Ensures that the financial reporting is made in accordance with the national requirements as relevant
- Provide the accounting of the local office and program: complete the cash book on a daily basis, provide the monthly accounting closure, performing monthly cash inventories and bank reconciliation under the supervision of his/her line manager
- Prepare the project budget follow-up and forecast, financial proposals, financial reports, and bi-monthly fund request
- Participate in drawing up annual budget plan
- Contribute to and prepare for financial audits
- Support the implementation of accounting software as relevant
3) Human Ressources
- Ensure adherence to human resources procedures from all staff in close coordination with the concerned line-manager (International and national employees)
- Ensure the HR regulations are in line with local Labor law and internal regulations
- Take care of application and renewal for visa and work permits of expatriate staff
- Participate and ensure the quality and transparency of recruitment processes
- Follow-up on the HR database and support accordingly the management of contracts, leaves, etc.
- Support the deputy Field Coordinator in identifying training needs and propose training courses
- Purchase the supplies, equipment and items according to the rules and regulations of CDE procedures and after validation of the line manager
- Under the direct supervision of the line manager, manage all contracts related to logistics including supply, transport and rental contracts
- Develop and maintain a suppliers’ database
- Develop and maintain an updated file of mission assets, equipment and procurement documents
- Support operational organization of field trips and CDE programs/activities
- Ensure confidentiality of data and information related to beneficiaries of the program
- Report any security, ethical or acceptance-related issues to his/her line manager
- Translate verbally and by writing when necessary
- Participate in team meetings or any other relevant internal and external meetings
- Perform any other additional duties upon instruction given by his/her line manager or technical referent whenever applicable
The Administration/Finance/Logistics/HR officer:
- Is under the direct supervision of the deputy-coordinator in Thailand
- Liaises with CDE HQs management control officer and administrative and finance department as well as HR department as required
- Works closely with and in support of the whole team
Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business administration or equivalent diploma
§ Minimum 2 years of experience with NGO in administrative, accounting and financial management
§ Experience in grant management and knowledge of relevant donors grant policies and procedures (EU, UN, other…) is recommended
§ Experience in HR management would be appreciated
§ Computer literacy: Microsoft Office Suite, accounting software (ideally SAGA)
§ Good reporting skills, with proven ability in financial report writing.
§ Excellent interpersonal skills
§ Efficiency and oriented to results
§ Sense of team work in multicultural contexts
§ Advanced level of proficiency in reading and understanding English
§ At least intermediate level in speaking and writing English
§ French is a plus
HOW TO APPLY
Deadline for application: Applications will be reviewed and interviews setup on a rolling basis with the posting valid until 28th of December 2018. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications without delay. The recruitment will close early if the appropriate candidate is identified. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this position, please submit a one page cover letter along with you your CV of no more than three pages to Mr. Vincent PROSPER (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mrs. Laong MANEETERM: (email@example.com).
La Chaîne de l’Espoir encourages diversity in its workforce.
Women, minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org