The Senior Technical Officer position provides responsive, high-quality technical leadership, manages technical assistance, and ensures the quality of HIV/AIDS, prevention, care, and treatment interventions with focus on the social and behavior change communications interventions under the LINKAGES Thailand Project. The SBCC STO will work collaboratively with key stakeholders to plan, design, implement and evaluate SBCC interventions, media and materials production.
- Lead in development of SBCC components of LINKAGES Thailand annual workplan, with the goal of increasing demand for, and uptake of, HIV prevention, testing and treatment commodities and services.
- Conduct annual review and revision/update of the LINKAGES Thailand SBCC plan.
- Develop and implement SBCC strategies and activities in line with the LINKAGES Thailand SBCC strategic plan.
- Lead in the design, implementation and monitoring of community-level SBCC interventions targeting key populations, in close collaboration with LINKAGES Thailand staff.
- Provide technical leadership for the LINKAGES Thailand team and implementing partners to develop, pre-test and produce communication tools and job aids based on evidence-based theories and methodologies, in line with the SBCC strategy.
- Ensure that SBCC materials are pre-tested, proved effective and used efficiently and by the correct target group.
- Collaborate with other technical specialists and stakeholders beyond the project to ensure coordination of materials and communication message strategies and avoid gaps and overlaps.
- Recruit and manage the work of any research firms, advertising agencies, public relations experts, production vendors, community mobilizers, communications staff and/or consultants hired by the project to assist with SBCC or community level work. This includes managing the functions of LINKAGES Thailand communications technical officers as well as building the capacity of local implementing partners to implement quality and successful SBCC
- Work with LINKAGES Thailand project officers to provide day-to-day management of the project’s SBCC and community-level activities.
- Help develop, maintain, and follow the indicators set in the workplan for SBCC and community-level activities.
- Work with M&E Advisor to monitor and evaluate the progress and impact of SBCC activities.
- Prepare and submit regular narrative and quantitative reports on SBCC activities for inclusion in quarterly and annual reporting.
- Remain up-to-date and knowledgeable on new and promising developments and latest evidence-based approaches to social and behavior change communications, communicate key findings and emerging trends for LINKAGES Thailand staff and partners, and ensure that global best practices and innovations are reflected in LINKAGES Thailand SBCC approaches.
- Represent LINKAGES Thailand in meetings with donors, stakeholders, and at key regional and international academic and professional fora.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERISE AND COMPLEXITY:
- Comfortable working with minimal supervision, and ability to manage high volume work flow.
- Sensitive to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues in assigned areas, e.g. reproductive health, family planning, HIV infection.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, reproductive health, family planning, public health, international development, and/or social science research with a strong focus on SBCC.
- Financial management, research, report writing and/or analyses.
- Written and verbal communication skills, and editing skills.
- Relevant language skills preferred.
- Relevant computer software skills.
- Resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building among several organization teams and units and professional organizations to resolve problems and initiate enhancements.
TYPE AND NATURE OF CONTACTS:
- Routine coordination with FHI 360 employees and consultants, on-site and in the field and resolve problem situations with tact.
- Represent, as assigned, selected LINKAGES Thailand activities and other organizations including donors, and international and local partners.
- Interact with implementing partners, and FHI 360 colleagues working on LINAKGES Thailand.
SUPERVISORY AND BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY:
Supervises the work of all LINKAGES Thailand Technical Officers (TO) working on demand generation/SBCC activities.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Usual office working conditions; ability to travel domestically at least 25%.
1. BS/BA or MS/MA in public health or related field, and 3 - 5 years relevant experience with international development programs and field experience especially in the field of SBCC and/or HIV/AIDS.
2. Candidate must eligible to work in Thailand.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
*** Please click HERE to apply directly via FHI 360's Career Portal ***
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: 02 2635273
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officer