Position: Grants Associate
Location: Southeast Asia
Contract: 1 year, renewable
Start Date: TBD
Compensation: Competitive with benefits
Fortify Rights works to ensure human rights for all. We support human rights defenders, investigate human rights violations, and engage people with power. We believe in the influence of evidence-based research, the power of strategic truth telling, and the importance of working in close collaboration with individuals, communities, and movements pushing for change. Fortify Rights is an independent, nonprofit organization based in Southeast Asia and registered in the United States and Switzerland.
The Grants Associate works to ensure adequate resources are available to support the activities of Fortify Rights. With support from Fortify Rights’ executive team, the Grants Associate supports the development of grant proposals, the management of grants, and the maintenance of positive communications with grant-making institutions. The Grants Associate is responsible for identifying potential new sources of grant funding, maintaining accurate, complete, and up-to-date information on prospective grants, and supporting the development of grant proposals and renewals. The Grants Associate is responsible for ensuring Fortify Rights is compliant with the terms and conditions of grants and she/he works with relevant Fortify Rights team members to produce quality periodic reports to grant-makers. With support from the executive team, the Grants Associate serves as a communication focal point for grant-making individuals and institutions. The Grants Associate is an integral member of Fortify Rights’ young and growing team with technical expertise to maximize and scale the organization’s impact.
- Provide overall management to Fortify Rights’ grant-related activities.
- Regularly research and identify prospective grant opportunities that align with Fortify Rights’ mandate and strategic approach. Develop and maintain accurate, complete, and up-to-date information on prospective grants.
- Monitor and update deadlines to submit grant proposals and renewals. Work with relevant team members to manage and ensure the timely submission of grant proposals and renewals.
- With support from the executive team and relevant team members, lead the process of developing clear, complete, and high-quality grant proposal and renewal packages for submission to donors. Develop draft narrative project descriptions, compile and prepare necessary supporting documentation, and coordinate with relevant team members to finalize grant proposals and renewals.
- Follow up with donors on outstanding grant proposals and renewals and coordinate with relevant Fortify Rights team members to prepare and respond to potential requests for additional information or materials.
- Review and ensure organizational compliance with the terms and conditions of grant contracts. Identify, monitor, and update grant reporting deadlines and work with relevant team members to manage and ensure the timely submission of grant reports.
- With support from the executive team and relevant team members, lead the process of developing clear, complete, and high-quality periodic grant reports on project activities, impacts, and challenges. Develop draft report narratives, compile and prepare necessary supporting documentation, and coordinate with relevant team members to finalize report packages.
- In coordination with the executive team, liaise with and serve as a communication focal point for prospective and current grant donors to Fortify Rights. Support the executive team’s engagement with grant-making individuals and institutions.
- Develop a sound understanding of Fortify Rights’ work and projects to be able to professionally represent the organization to donors and other external actors.
- Work closely in collaboration with the Fortify Rights team to constructively build the organization, support its expansion, and ensure its sustainability.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- A degree in relevant fields and/or at least two years of work experience managing a grant portfolio.
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations in Southeast Asia.
- Familiarity with human rights issues, preferably within the context of Southeast Asia.
- Excellent writing, organization, and time management skills. Strong attention to details and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to self-manage and work efficiently in a fast-paced but flexible environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cross-cultural communication, and experience in a multi -ethnic team.
- Sound judgment and ability to take initiative.
- Willingness to travel.
- Fluency in written and verbal English required. Additional language skills preferred.
- Applicants from Southeast Asia preferred.
- To be discussed with short-listed candidates.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Fortify Rights seeks exceptional applicants and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
- Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “GRANTS ASSOCIATE.”
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Fortify Rights is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible team, actively seeks a diverse pool of applicants.
ระดมทุน / Fundraising