TITLE: Support Service Assistant
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Program Implementation
LOCATION: Pattani Field Office
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Short-term contract
Support Service Assistant is employed to ensure smooth Sub-office operation and safety and security management, with good delivery administration support to the programme in the Deep South of Thailand.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Pattani Senior Field Coordinator with dotted line management by the Bangkok Supply Chain Officer
Staff reporting to this post: 2 (Driver and Office Maid)
Direct: Driver and Office maid
Indirect : None
Budget Responsibilities: Petty Cash
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Administrative and support systems
- Accountable on the regular collection and dissemination of mailing and courier services as well as co-ordinating courier services between the Pattani office, and Thailand Programme Office in Bangkok.
- Ensure a professional image of Save the Children is portrayed as the first point of contact for all visitors to the office and all callers by providing an efficient, effective and courteous reception to welcome guests and visitors to the regional office.
- Answer telephone calls, exchange information, take messages for members of the team and redirect calls where team members are away to ensure effective communications in the regional team.
- Responsible on booking hotels and arrange vehicle on daily trips for staff members, assign the driver, both SC drivers and rental car drivers as per requirements.
- Assist Pattani team on the SCI procurement procedures in Pattani office
- Manage office petty cash and process invoices/payments and expense claims as required.
- Security and Safety
- Ensure protocols and procedures are in place in the event of a security incident, from road traffic accident to other national disaster. This must include clear actions for office based staff, during office and out-of-office hours, and includes identification of evacuation routes, and roles and responsibilities of staff.
- Act as Security Focal Point to provide security and safety induction to all visitors to visit Deep South Field office.
- Monitor staff movement including limiting or restricting movement on location and time, accounting for staff movements and providing updated overviews of daily movements activities.
- Update an overview of all visitors to the field office, including contact information and residence
- Ensure that safety and security standards and policies are consistently observed, particularly with relation to facilities hotels and vehicle safety. This includes: fire, crime, earthquake and typhoon safety, vehicle maintenance check, fire extinguishers and first aid kit, safety protocols for drivers.
- Equipment and premises
- Provide support to record all Assets and General Programming Equipment (GPE) on the correct Register databases
- Maintain the premises, furniture, fittings and all shared equipment in a fully functioning state and replaced as necessary;
- Ensure the office is well stocked with necessary supplies.
- Communications and IT
- Day-to-day administration of shared electronic and paper files to ensure straightforward access to information
- Assist in a day-to-day IT systems support and basic troubleshooting, in liaison with outsourced IT consultants.
- Maintain, compile and update all staff lists, directories, information sheets, ensuring that relevant information is shared timely
- Support Country HR Officer in preparation for documentations relevant to national staff leavers/joiners
- Management of leave records for all Pattani staff
- Coordinate with Country HR Officer on HR issues
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Thai Nationality
- Bachelor’s degree (preferable in Logistic, Administration)
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated skills, experience at least 2 year of Logistics and Administration experience
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, including good level of written and spoken English.
- Experience in security and safety management
- Previous experience in an administrative role
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, and a track record of consistently delivering on time.
- Ability to manage several concurrent tasks and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team.
- Experience with computer applications (Microsoft Office, internet) and ability to troubleshoot network, desktop/laptop and telecommunications issues.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
SCI offer competitive National package; Transportation & Communication allowance, Well ness Top up 20,000 THB/year, 13th month salary & Annual leave 20 days, etc.
Interested candidates should submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV and details of at least 3 referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for submission: 28th October 2018
Please indicate in the subject as “Apply for Support Service Assistant_(Name of candidate)”
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”