Vacancy announcement: Technical officer of The Partnership Project for Global Health and Universal Health Coverage (GLO+UHC) (1 position)
Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health and National Health Security Office (NHSO) and the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) have launched “the Partnership Project for Global Health and Universal Health Coverage” in January 2016 (called GLO+UHC Project hereinafter). The GLO+UHC Project aims to promote and support global health and universal health coverage in ASEAN countries and beyond.
The Government of Thailand and the Government of Japan thus started this partnership cooperation with the aim of a) improving Thailand’s UHC operation; b) providing technical support to other developing countries towards achieving UHC; and c) promoting UHC at the global level where skills in global health diplomacy is strengthened.
The GLO+UHC Project symbolizes a new level of south-south collaboration and networking that is striving towards ultimately strengthening UHC implementation around the globe.
Overall Goal: Access to health services and financial risk protection are improved in Thailand and participating countries
Project Purpose: Implementation of UHC in Thailand and participating countries is improved
Project period: 14 July 2016 -13 July 2020
· Description of position:
GLO+UHC project technical officer is assisting the project to achieve the overall goal.
She/he will be directly supervised by the chief advisor of this project.
· Translate documents between Thai and English as needed
· Prepare documents for meetings and record the discussion
· Search and analyse researches, policy papers, and other publications, and develop documents for use of the Project
· Facilitate communication with Japanese experts and Thai project members
· Assist the project members and counterparts of NHSO, MOPH and IHPP upon request to achieve objectives of the Project
Specific tasks will be laid out in a job description, which will be shared with the successful candidate.
1. Qualifications/ desire profile:
· Graduate degree or equivalent certificate in public health, healthcare, public affairs, diplomacy, international cooperation/development, or related areas.
· Oral and written proficiency in English and Thai, and computer literacy (especially in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and effective communication skills combined with problem solving skills.
· Demonstrated strengths in planning and organizational skills with the ability to think and act strategically in the design and execution of programs, and conceptualize complex issues, and strong leadership skills.
· Ability to work independently, in close communication with the team.
REMARK: We will be unable to provide visa and work permit to a non-Thai national.
1 November, 2018- 30 June, 2020.
A probationary period of three months applies.
The first day of work can be discussed.
Monthly salary approximately 30,000-40,000THB/month, depending on his/her qualification.
Applicant should submit their interest and CV by 17 October 2018. Submissions should be addressed to: email@example.com
Successful candidate will be contacted by GLO+UHC project for interview date
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org