The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), Country Cluster Support Team, Bangkok seeks to appoint a:
Title: Finance and Administration Officer
Reports to: Finance Manager
Location: Based in Bangkok, Thailand
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian network, reaching 150 million people each year through its 191 member National Societies. The Organization acts before, during and after disasters, crises and health emergencies in order to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people.
Our work is guided by seven fundamental principles (humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality), policies and by Strategy 2020, which voices our collective vision and determination to move forward in tackling the major challenges that confront humanity in the present decade.
The Country Cluster Support Team (CCST) covers four countries namely Cambodia, Lao PDR, Thailand and Viet Nam and operates as one joint team to support each country’s National Society and partners.
The Support Services department covers all traditional support services functions including the Human Resources, Finance, Administration, Logistics, Information technologies (IT), Legal support and Security support. All team members cooperate closely to provide efficient support services based on Federation’s standards of quality, competitive cost and time criteria. All team members deliver efficient support services to various stakeholders at all levels in the CCST such as all programme teams, Federation’s visitors, Partner National Societies, National Societies and country teams.
The Finance and Administration Officer reports to the Finance Manager and follows the technical direction of the Regional Finance Unit Senior Finance Analyst.
The mission of the Finance and Administration Officer is to provide cost effective day to day quality finance services that enhance the work efficiency of the CCST, in accordance with Federation standard procedures, policies and regulations.
He / She contributes to the sound financial management of the funds spent by the delegation by observing strict compliance to all Finance Procedures and to all Finance Audit recommendations.
He / She contributes to the achievement of the Federation’s Strategy for Implementation 4 to “ensure a strong IFRC that is effective, credible and accountable” and the role demands strict adherence to the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies’ Code of Conduct.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Perform the month end closing of accounting books (completeness, accuracy and timeliness required).
- Book accounting transactions with strict compliance to IFRC standard finance procedures.
- Verify accuracy of accounting transactions and post transactions to books.
- Verify correct account codes and correct accounting (CODA) documents are used for all transactions.
- Match supplier invoices with correct payment voucher into the accounting system (CODA).
- Run the revaluation of exchange rate for all accounts at month end and record each forex gain/loss (ALC) to the respective projects.
- Prepare and verify balance sheet reconciliations at month end and ensure all signatures are obtained for approval.
- Prepare and verify monthly invoices to partners under service agreement (Integration Agreement).
Treasury management and payments authorization
- Review and validate all request for payment by petty cash and bank journal.
- Prepare payment batches in e-banking system for payroll and staff benefit.
- Verify and approve the signing authority, the accounting code, the budget approval, the funding availability, the expenditure ceiling as well as the validity of supporting documentation before processing or authorising any payment.
- Monitor cash flows and cash control management THB and CHF.
Working advance clearance for Cambodia, Viet Nam and Thailand projects
- Review and validate working advance clearance as per IFRC standard Finance procedures, with accuracy and timeliness.
- Identify any dormant working advance and follow up with National Society, delegate or staff concerned. Advice Finance Manager on the progress on any pending working advance which requires his/her action.
- Prepare documents for cash forecasting.
- Prepare standard financial reports to the organisation and to donors (movement of funds, cash pledge reports).
- Support the Finance Manager to review and compile regional budgets and financial plans if required.
- Prepare and update PEAR forms.
Procurement for the office
- Responsible for procurement for the office: prepare purchase requests, send requests for quotation to suppliers, review and analyse quotes received, prepare competitive bid analysis, prepare procurement contracts.
- Issue / renew procurement and service agreements, including: office/houses/car lease agreements, office/vehicle/assets insurance contracts, service agreements with travel agents, designers, printing companies etc.
- Load contracts in IFRC system (e-contract) for review and monitor the approval workflow until signature of contracts.
- Ensure IFRC quality standards for products and services delivered, always considering timeliness, accuracy and cost efficiency as main priorities.
- Maintain the supplier database (accurate).
- Ensure compliance with IFRC procurement manual, timeliness and accuracy of procurement process.
- Prepare the supporting documents for all shipments including documents to request tax exemption.
- Act as the focal point in dealing with the various shipping companies for import and export.
- Book flight tickets or contract transportation services for staffs and visitors if required.
- Work with strict compliance to IFRC procedures and to audit recommendations.
- Support the Finance Manager to respond to audit recommendations and queries.
- Abide to the fraud and corruption policy and to internal controls in place.
- Contribute to the dissemination of IFRC Finance and procurement procedures among all teams (IFRC, PNS, NS).
- Work closely with the Finance counterparts in the National Society, Country delegations and Partner National Societies.
- Additional duties as assigned by the Finance Manager.
- Provide assistance in case of long term vacancies, absence or illness to ensure support services’ continuity.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- Prefer Diploma or degree in finance and accounting
- Prefer Certified accountant
- 5 years’ experience in finance and accounting roles
- Prefer 5 years’ experience in budget management
- Prefer experience of working for the Red Cross/ Red Crescent Movement
- Prefer experience of working for a humanitarian aid organization
Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced analytical skills (financial analysis)
- Self-supporting in windows standard programmes and expert in excel
- Skills in time management
- Knowledge of accounting software
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Thai citizen
- International applicant, should hold a valid work permit or residence permit to live and work in Thailand
Interested candidates are requested to Create an account before applying. Please see the link for job application below:
- Covering Letter in Microsoft WORD
- Curriculum Vitae with salary expectation in Microsoft WORD
Application material are non-returnable, and we thank you in advance for understanding that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next step in the application process.
Closing date: 2 November 2018 (extended post)
More information about IFRC, please visit www.ifrc.org.
บัญชี / Accountantการเงิน / Financier