TITLE: Human Resources Coordinator
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Support Services
LOCATION: Bangkok Office
CONTRACT LENGTH: One year with possible extension
The Human Resources (HR) Coordinator will ensure effective recruitment and development of the work force required by Save the Children Thailand for Learning and Development and strategic HR Planning, including emergency programme operations based on best practice standards in compliance with the local legal procedures and the Save the Children human resource policies. HR Coordinator also aims to maintain legal compliance of the organisation and to foster and maintain a positive and productive work environment.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Support Services Senior Manager
Staff reporting to this post: HR/Admin Assistant
Role Dimensions: Supports the Thailand Country Office team overall, including field offices and the HR focal points based in the field. The current structure of the Thailand office includes approximately 65 staff and two field offices outside of Bangkok.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Training and Development
- Lead in the assessment of staff capacity gaps and develop comprehensive plans for training and development to address those gaps using diverse, creative methods.
- Develop and conduct training programs for managers, and a mid-level Talent Development Program to improve recruiting and hiring efficiencies and reduce turnover.
- Lead in the design, development and implementation of employee activities that increase camaraderie, sense of belonging, teamwork, appreciation of the organization’s achievements and values, sense of achievement of work accomplished and overall well-being with the support of the Senior Manager of Support Services Unit.
- Empower and assist field offices to develop their team activities.
- Conduct an annual staff wellness survey and report back to senior management team and all staff on the findings and analysis.
- Manage and support the HR/Admin Assistant, providing regular (monthly) one-to-ones, clear performance objectives, and supporting his/her development.
Recruitment and Support
- Meet with department managers to develop specific recruiting plans.
- Develop and maintain relationships with college and university placement offices; schedule and attend career fairs as to generate qualified applicants.
- Provide company information and job opportunities to potential candidates.
- Participate in annual recruiting budget; ensure adherence to the budget throughout the year.
- Research, analyze, prepare, and present hiring statistics.
- Ensure timely and compliant local staff recruitment, e.g., initial screening of applications with line manager and other interviewers, communications with the applicant, summary of final selection.
- Supervise the HR/Admin Assistant who leads on: local consultant recruitment, ensuring compliance and quality, and tracking and filing of employee data (i.e. holidays, sickness records, health benefit and other relevant documentations), ensuring high levels of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Rapidly yet accountably recruit and hire new staff during emergencies.
- Work alongside the Asia Regional HR unit.
Staff Contracting and Benefits
- Act as a liaison between employees and insurance providers.
- Be a staff focal point person for benefit-related questions and arising issues.
- Administer health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes, and terminations.
- Conduct payroll, benefits, and other HR programs, and recommend corrective actions.
- Assist with the performance review and termination processes.
- Prepare and maintain employment contracts for all staff, both fixed-term and short-term contracts with HR/Admin Assistant support
- Ensure timely renewal of staff contracts, and compliance with review and sign-off procedures.
- Communicate policies and procedures, implementation, changes, and other relevant matters to staff regarding various benefits including general reminders.
- Conduct regular review of level of services of benefit providers; conduct annual assessment for renewal or revision of coverage.
- Forecast staffing budget by working closely with Senior Support Services Manager and Finance Manager.
- Ensure proper entry and maintenance of payroll information and adjustment of each month as required through all payroll runs (e.g. acting allowance, leave without pay, etc.).
- Ensure that pay slip information is accurate and released at least three working days after transferring
- Work closely with the finance team to process accurate and timely centralized payroll and taxation matters of all staff while maintaining strict confidentiality at all times.
- Review payments for consultants.
- Develop and maintain a master file data.
- Handle year-end computation of payroll income taxes (annualization); calculate and determine the annual taxable income and payroll income taxes on annual payroll at the end of the year.
Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- Lead the implementation of HR programs and processes as the country level.
- Maintain a complete record of all human resources in the organization and updated on a regular basis
- Establish and maintain the computerized HRIS of all employees ensuring that the database is accurate and timely and using available technology.
- Assist in generating regular and special reports to analyze trends for management and employee information requirements; provide staff profile information to management for decision making;
- Develop and implement record build-up, endorsement, retention and reconciliation protocol with the field staff responsible for handling HR in the various offices.
- Ensure that HR documents are handled with proper confidentiality and tracking.
- Assist all staff in charge of HR functions in understanding policies including but not limited to interpretation for specific situations.
Job Analysis, Description, and Evaluation
- Ensure the job description and job evaluation system are implemented timely and as planned.
- Participate as requested in conducting job evaluations and in using consistent position titles, job grades and ranks appropriate to the responsibilities.
- Advise supervisors and staff in understanding and using the performance management process.
- Prepare summary of performance evaluations, leading to proper review for approval by the senior management team, and leading to action plans on staff movement and/or development plans.
- Lead in the effort reporting process, ensuring all staff understand and use the system, and identify gaps to improve as needed
- Ensure a quality and timely induction process for all new staff, developing an induction schedule through coordination with all key staff. Lead on HR induction, including child safeguarding.
Timesheet (Effort Reporting) and other Reporting
- Monitor and maintain all staff’s monthly timesheet submission in a timely manner. Work closely with the finance team to reconcile the timesheets.
- Ensure the monthly transfer after timesheets of all staff recorded and approved.
- Submit internal reports as required, including: monthly fund requests for salary and benefits, monthly and annual leave reconciliations, quarterly regional reports(e.g., score card).
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Thai nationality
- Bachelor’s degree in a human resource management or other related field such as social science, political science, Master degree is preferable
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 7 years of work experience, with minimum 4 years in HR function with proven records.
- Good knowledge of Thai Labor Law regarding wages, benefits, employment processes.
- Good knowledge of HR standard processes and policies such as Performance Management System,
- Hands-on experiences in recruitment, contract preparation, HR standard activities
- Organized, service-minded, and a good listener
- Experience in Human Resources Information System (HRIS) preferred
- Good interpersonal skills and a high sense of discretion, confidentiality and professionalism particularly in restricting access to sensitive information
- Experience with benefit studies, comparative information, preferred
- Experience implementing staff development activities based on professional core competencies
- Must have a high sense of urgency, flexible and well-developed work ethic
- Able to work with a positive and supportive attitude
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Interested candidates should submit a motivational letter, comprehensive CV and details of at least 3 referees to: email@example.com
Closing date for submission: 10 October 2018 (Cancelled post)
Please indicate in the subject as “Apply for Human Resources Coordinator_(Name of candidate)”
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
“We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse”