PSC Thailand Campaign Coordinator
About PSC Thailand
The Palestine Solidarity Campaign (PSC) Thailand, which was formed in Bangkok on 10th December 2007, is working to raise awareness amongst the Thai population and other residents of Thailand of the injustices being constantly inflicted on the Palestinians since the imposition of Israel more than seventy years ago and to solicit support for them in their struggle for their human rights, their human dignity and the creation of a viable, independent, sovereign and contiguous state of Palestine.
PSC Thailand’s Aims and Objectives are to campaign:
- for the right of self-determination for the Palestinian people;
- for the right of return of the Palestinian people;
- for the immediate withdrawal of the Israeli state from the occupied territories;
- against the oppression and dispossession suffered by the Palestinian people;
- in support of the rights of the Palestinian people and their struggle to achieve these rights;
- to promote Palestinian civil society in the interests of democratic rights and social justice;
- to oppose Israel's occupation and its aggression against neighbouring states;
- in opposition to racism, including anti-Jewish prejudice and the apartheid and Zionist nature of the Israeli state.
- Provide regular information about the situation of the Palestinian people through e-mail mail-outs and online platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, our web site, online discussion groups etc;
- Responsible as Content Manager for our web site;
- Recruit and mobilize volunteers on a daily basis and/or for special events;
- Provide speakers on Palestine;
- Write and submit letters and reports to inform about the persecution and injustices in Palestine and about everyone’s duty to respect International Law regarding their relationship with the State of Israel and Israeli interests. The recipients are all important stakeholders in Thailand, such as, but not limited to, political groups, academia, students, NGOs, consumer representatives, labour activists, businessmen, scientists, diplomats, civil servants, politicians, artists etc;
- Organise special events on the cause of Palestine, e.g. seminars, conferences, sit-ins, distribution of leaflets, meetings, peaceful demonstrations etc;
- Promote discussion in the media and respond to media coverage about the situation of the Palestinian people. Communicate with journalists and other media representatives in order to spread knowledge about the cause of Palestine and to ensure the persecution and injustices in Palestine are becoming known in Thailand;
- Organise activities specific to the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) Campaign and/or ensure that the BDS Campaign and awareness of BDS is included in other activities conducted;
- Campaign against and inform about the new Israeli Nation-State Law;
- Organise the Commemoration of the UN International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People at the UN on or around 29th November every year;
- Organise the Commemoration of the Palestinian Nakba (Catastrophe) in the middle of May every year;
- Campaign against and inform about American blind support for Israel.
- A Thai national or non-Thai with a high proficiency in the Thai language;
- Good command (spoken and written) of English;
- Strong capacity to communicate;
- Good sense of organisation and leadership;
- Strong knowledge of human rights and a strong commitment to human rights;
- Some knowledge of the issue of Israel-Palestine is a definite plus. The will to learn about the background and history of this issue is an absolute necessity.
Contract and Remuneration
The position of PSC Thailand Campaign Coordinator is envisaged to be a part-time position.
The salary will be 7,500 Baht per month. Work-related travel outside Bangkok, such as campaigning at universities, will be covered by PSC Thailand.
CV and application covering letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th September 2018 by 18.00 hrs.
Any questions can also be sent to the above e-mail address.