REQUEST FOR CONSULTANT
Expertise in social contracting methods by governments to support HIV cascade services by local community-based organizations
Issue Date: June 22, 2018
Closing Date: June 29, 2018
About FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), FHI 360 manages the “Linkages across the Continuum of HIV Services for Key Populations Affected by HIV (LINKAGES)” Project in more than 28 countries throughout the world, including Thailand. LINKAGES in Thailand focuses on interventions to reduce HIV transmission among key populations, predominantly among men who have sex with men (MSM) and transgenders (TG). Most interventions are implemented through community-based organizations (CBOs) and include RRTTPR interventions such as peer-driven outreach, use of social media, HIV testing in community clinic settings, pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) provision, and increasingly, HIV treatment in community-based clinic settings. The costing study summarized here is partially supported by the LINKAGES Project.
Scope of Work
FHI 360 is seeking a senior-level consultant to conduct the following:
1. Prepare a report and presentation on global best practices and standard procedures for administering and implementing social contracting processes, specifically a Request for Proposal (RFP) process, for governments that contract with community-based organizations for HIV cascade services. This would include, but is not limited to, formation of the RFP, bidding and competition processes, proposal review processes, contracting procedures, staffing necessary to implement such procedures, and monitoring and evaluation.
2. Document the RFP, social contracting, and related procedures related to the financing of non-government organizations by the Government of India (NACO), the Ministry of Health in Malaysia, and agreed upon other countries as proposed by the consultant
3. Assist in the preparation and implementation of a study tour for Thai leaders from the Ministry of Public Health and other organizations to observe and learn from the social contracting experience of India and Malaysia.
A successful applicant should have the following qualifications:
1. Extensive experience in social contracting procedures of multiple countries;
2. Extensive experience in documenting, summarizing, and presenting information related to best practices in social contracting;
3. Experience in preparing for and leading study tours of senior professionals
Period of Performance
The estimated Period of Performance is July 2018 – December 2018, but these dates will be negotiated with the chosen consultants depending on the actual scope of work.
The actual scope of work is approximately two months of work over a six-month period of contract.
Instruction to Applicants and Submission Requirements
FHI 360 is requesting interested applicants to provide the following documents specified below. Please submit all requirements by e-mail to email@example.com by 5.00 PM Bangkok time on June 29, 2018. Applications received after this date and time will not be considered.
1. A letter of interest addressing expertise and experience relevant to the scope of work (1 pages maximum). Consultants may apply for any or all scopes of work but this should be made clear in the letter of interest. The letter must include the following:
- Soonest dates of availability.
- Desired consulting rate based on consulting and/or work history. A final consulting rate will be negotiated with FHI 360.
2. Up-to-date CV(s) for all key areas.
3. A completed FHI360 Bio Data Form. Please download here: https://goo.gl/J27m78
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: 02 2635273