POSITION TITLE: Senior Project Assistant
LOCATION: Bangkok, Thailand
REPORTS TO: Social and Behavior Change Communication Specialist,USAID Thailand CTIP
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
The Senior Project Assistant is responsible to support all external communications efforts for the USAID Thailand CTIP program in coordination with USAID/RDMA and Winrock International. He/She will work with other colleagues to contribute to the program’s communications output through the website, social media, publications and other communications channels. He/She will also support program communications and outreach activities.
- Support the implementation of the project’s communications strategy to reach program results and report on progress to USAID.
- Work with the project team to implement a social media strategy including developing content for social media platforms that promotes project activities, success stories, case studies and other stories.
- Develop and maintain a variety of outreach tools including fact sheets and printing materials among other branded materials.
- Work with the project team to develop content to feed into the USAID Asia Counter Trafficking in Persons quarterly e-newsletter.
- Format and edit communications materials in accordance with branding requirements of Winrock and USAID including the formatting of quarterly and annual reports, and materials for ad-hoc events.
- Coordinate with graphic designer on creation of communications products.
- Participate in regular field visits in Thailand to document project activities and results, lead in branding alignment, and capture partners/stakeholder’s experiences for a photo and video database.
- Work with the project team to coordinate and communicate on a regular basis with Winrock’s Home Office communications staff and liaise with the SBCC Specialist in communication with RDMA/USAID communications staff.
- Participate and support in workshops and ad-hoc events with stakeholders to document discussions and subsequently incorporate inputs from the discussions into reports, program materials, proposals, and other documents.
- Consolidate and organize program materials on Sharepoint and other platforms.
- Undertake additional research tasks related to programs as required.
- Any other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, communications or related fields
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in communications
- Good team work and communication skills
- Experience with USAID branding is preferable
- Experience creating graphics is preferable
- Experience working in international development preferable
- Experience in using Microsoft Word to format documents required
- Experience using communications software such as Publisher, InDesign and MailChimp required.
- Good spoken, written and comprehension Thai and English language skills
Applicants should submit a current resume and cover letter referencing Senior Project Assistant in the subject line to email@example.com by July 6, 2018.
Applicants must have the right to work in Thailand as we are unable to obtain a visa and work permit for the position.
Winrock would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are shortlisted will be contacted.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org