Category: Operations & Administration Support
Employee Category Fixed Term
Job Type: Full Time
Work Arrangement: In-person
Open To Expatriates: No
Application Deadline: 21 February 2024
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is one of the world's largest international humanitarian non-governmental organizations (INGO), at work in more than 40 countries and more than 25 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. A force for humanity, IRC employees delivers lasting impact by restoring safety, dignity and hope to millions. If you're a solutions-driven, passionate change-maker, come join us in positively impacting the lives of millions of people world-wide for a better future.
The Resettlement Support Center Asia (RSC Asia), funded by the US State Department Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM), assists persons throughout Asia seeking permanent resettlement in the United States. Responsible for a portfolio of 37 countries, RSC Asia: prepares refugee applications for the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) using START (a State Department–managed data system that supports the arrival and resettlement of refugees through technology); provides information to resettlement agencies about arriving refugees and offers cultural orientation training to refugees bound for the United States. RSC Asia is based in Bangkok, Thailand, with a sub-office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh.
The Senior Case Processing Officer (SCPO) ensures a high level of general processing on behalf of refugee applicants to the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) through case processing management and quality control functions, including data entry of refugee case file information into START, a State Department – managed system that supports the arrival and resettlement of refugees through technology. The position is responsible for complex data entry and assisting with daily workload management of the Case Processing assigned unit’s workload in a timely and accurate manner, in compliance with existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). The SCPO performs other office functions outside of the general responsibilities of case processing as assigned by the immediate supervisor, for example task delegation to contractual staff.
· Assist managers to manage task delegation, monitor the progress of work completion within assigned unit(s) and provide relevant feedback on the team’s performance and any workload issues.
· Maintain high-quality control levels of USCIS adjudicated complex/specialized caseloads pertaining to both the physical file (for follow-to-join refugee cases) and all digital records data entered in START.
· Daily tracking of assigned unit specific action items in START to ensure action is being taken within service level agreement (SLA) timelines per SOP. Action any records found to be non-compliant with SLA timelines and immediately escalate to supervisor for review.
· Acts as a liaison between the RSC Asia Casework team, USCIS, IOM, RPC, and RAs for all post-processing as necessary.
· Maintain various RSC-partner mailboxes, and action on follow-up from USCIS adjudicated cases, complete with high-level accuracy for all post-adjudicated cases from USCIS, namechecks re/requests from vetting partners, medical and departure updates with the International Organization for Migration (IOM), follow up on refugee case assurances with the Refugee Processing Center (RPC) and stateside resettlement agencies (RA)
· Ensure all data entered in START is compliant and up to date with USRAP guidelines and the cooperative agreement.
· Liaise with other SCPOs to coordinate daily assessment, quality control of case updates, scanning /attaching, document QC in START, medical updates, assurance requests, and travel request QC within assigned units, and other units as necessary.
· Generates specific progress reports in tableau, interprets data in START dashboard filters to take both routine and corrective action communicated in SOP and/or USCIS initiated action items.
· Implement work plans as communicated by the manager and report progress of what has been achieved against agreed deadlines.
· Generate and share with managers solution-oriented ideas on how to resolve challenges or bottlenecks in work plans to improve workflow.
· Incorporate feedback and learning in daily assignments by remaining up to date with SOP changes and communicating any challenges to the manager.
· Provide task-specific training/guidance to the Case Processing staff, as well as new hire/temporary/contractual staff.
· Perform other related duties as assigned, including being back up to CPM when required.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Case Processing Manager
Position indirectly supervises: None
Indirect Reporting: Senior Case Processing Manager, Case Processing Coordinator
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: All Bangkok, Bangladesh, and Malaysia RSC staff
External: USCIS officers, RPC, RAs, RMA, UNHCR and IOM
· University degree in any field (or two years of equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree).
· At least two years of relevant professional experience with previous data entry/management experience is required.
· Resettlement processing or other NGO experience is preferred.
· Previous work in a multicultural environment is advantageous.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· High level of professionalism while carrying out duties per the SOPs (i.e. integrity and confidentiality)
· Solid organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment.
· Strong communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively and professionally with partners, colleagues, beneficiaries, and interpreters.
· Problem-solver who takes initiative to provide solutions.
· Ability to take instruction from supervisor and exercise critical thinking.
· Meticulously attentive to details, and able to ensure compliance with policies and procedures by team members, providing feedback in a professional and constructive way.
· Excellent data entry and report writing skills; ability to produce grammatically correct, compliant reports.
· Ability to complete advanced quality checks on cases utilizing tableau reports and dashboard filters.
· When required, able to assist in providing the necessary guidance and support to co-workers.
· Team oriented yet able to think and work independently.
· Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, multicultural environment.
Language and Computer Skills:
· Excellent verbal and written English language skills.
· Computer Literacy – high level of competence in MS Office i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
· Able to run and read high-level spreadsheets and do advanced QC with a high level of attention to detail.
· Proven advanced data entry skills with extreme accuracy, attention to detail, and self-checking abilities.
· Ability to type 40 words per minute.
The position is currently based in Bangkok in an urban office environment. The position may be requested to travel to support the delivery of USRAP processing within Thailand and throughout the region.
The employee is required to adhere to The IRC Way for professional conduct, as well as to be in compliance with all relevant IRC and donor policies and procedures while carrying out his/her duties.
Standard of Professional Conduct:The IRC and the IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – our Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability, and Equality.
Commitment to Gender, Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion: The IRC is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, respectful, and safe work environment where all persons are treated fairly, with dignity and respect. The IRC expressly prohibits and will not tolerate discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or bullying of the IRC persons in any work setting. We aim to increase the representation of women, people that are from country and communities we serve, and people who identify as races and ethnicities that are under-represented in global power structures.
If you are interested, please apply for this position via the below link:
ขณะนี้มีเวปไซด์ปลอม หลอกให้โอนเงินบริจาคในนาม Oxfam โดยใช้ชื่อว่า th-oxfam.org กับ th-oxfam.com จึงขอแจ้งมา ณ ที่นี้ว่าปัจจุบัน องค์การอ็อกแฟมในประเทศไทยไม่ได้เปิดระดมทุนจากประชาชนทั่วไป และไม่มีการเปิดรับบริจาคใดๆ ทั้งสิ้น
At present, there are fake website under the names of th-oxfam.org and th-oxfam.com asking for donation, therefore, kindly be informed that Oxfam in Thailand currently does not accept any individual donation from the public and does not conduct any fundraising activity.
Please beware of donation scams!
เตือนภัย! ขณะนี้มีเว็บไซต์ปลอมและกลุ่มไลน์หลอกให้โอนเงินบริจาคให้แก่ Save the Children Thailand ทางมูลนิธิขอแจ้งว่าเว็บไซต์ของเรามีเพียง http://thailand.savethechildren.net เท่านั้น Save the Children Thailand ไม่อนุญาตให้บุคคลใดเรียกร้องและรับเงินบริจาคแทนมูลนิธิ และจะไม่ขอเงินบริจาคผ่านทางไลน์ หากท่านสงสัยว่าอาจจะกำลังถูกหลอกลวง กรุณาแจ้งตำรวจได้ทาง https://www.pct1599.net
Beware! There are currently fake websites and unauthorised LINE groups calling for donation, falsely claiming to be associated with Save the Children Thailand. Please be informed that our official website is http://thailand.savethechildren.net. We do not authorise any individuals to call for and accept donations on our behalf, and never ask for donations through LINE. If you have concerns that you are being deceived, please report directly to the police reporting channel - https://www.pct1599.net.
เว็บไทยเอ็นจีโอ สนับสนุนการใช้สัญญาอนุญาตครีเอทีฟคอมมอนส์และเผยแพร่แนวคิดวัฒนธรรมเสรี เนื้อหาในเว็บไซต์ไทยเอ็นจีโอดอทโออาจี ท่านสามารถเอาไปใช้งานได้เลยโดยไม่ต้องขออนุญาต เพียงท่านระบุที่มาและห้ามทำการค้า
ติดต่อประสานงาน - Contact
Tel : 099-014-3797
ผู้ดูแลเว็บ - Webmaster
Tel : 080-078-4016
บรรณาธิการ - Editor
Tel : 082-178-3849
Email : email@example.com
Office Hours : Mon-Fri , 9.00-17.00
2044/23 ถ.เพชรบุรีตัดใหม่ บางกะปิ ห้วยขวาง กรุงเทพ 10310
2044/23 New Phetchaburi Road, Bangkapi, Huai Khwang, Bankok 10310
+662 314 4112