Job Title: Inquiries and Outreach Manager (National Position)
Sector: Administrative/General Office
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Application Deadline: 6 December 2023
The IRC has a rich history of assisting refugees to apply for United States resettlement, from its founding in 1933 to help vulnerable individuals escape Nazi-occupied Europe, to pioneering the Joint Voluntary Agency which assisted Indochinese refugees for 22 years, to operations in Croatia, Sierra Leone and Sudan. Since 2005, RSC Asia has resettled over 180,000 refugees to the United States.
Based in Bangkok with field offices in Thailand and Malaysia, the IRC Resettlement Support Center (RSC Asia) is funded by the US State Department Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM) to assist persons throughout Asia seeking permanent resettlement to the United States. Responsible for a portfolio of 37 countries, the RSC: prepares refugee applications for the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) using START (a State Department–managed data system that supports the arrival and resettlement of refugees through technology); provides information to resettlement agencies about arriving refugees; and offers cultural orientation training to refugees bound for the United States.
The Inquiries and Outreach Manager is responsible for ensuring regular and consistent communication between the RSC Asia and refugee applicants via email, phone or in-person, and the Case Status Inquiry (CaSI) website. This position is responsible for ensuring RSC Asia’s written communication with applicants is professional and in compliance with the most recent SOPs used for processing refugee applications. This position supervises a team of inquiries officers, and reports to the Senior Program Support Coordinator.
• Manage the day-to-day workload and ensure timely responses of the Inquiries team
• Ensure work related to communications and inquiry processes are compliant with the most current Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Oversee and assist with accurate data entry and dissemination of information received
• Implement quality control checks to maintain high accuracy with data entry
• Ensure error detection and correction through staff training and development of strong quality control mechanisms before correspondence is sent.
• Follow-up on complex cases, coordinating with other departments and relevant coordinators as needed to ensure continued processing.
• Communicate challenges and provide solutions in a timely manner to supervisors
• Coordinate completion of work and follow up with other colleagues, as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Staff Management, Training and Communication:
• Maintaining a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward clients at all times.
• Ensure professional coordination and communication, both internally and externally to ensure cases are actioned as required.
• Supervise and support Inquiries & Outreach Officers
• Responsible for quality control checks and provide feedback to staff on quality control issues in a timely manner
• Provide workflow improvement suggestions or performance feedback when required
• Conduct mid-year and annual Performance Management Evaluation activities
• Other duties as assigned
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Program Support Manager
Position Directly Supervises: Senior Inquiries & Outreach Officers, Inquiries & Outreach Officers
Indirect Reporting: Casework Coordinator, Case Processing Coordinator, Senior Program Coordinator, Director
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: All Bangkok and Malaysia RSC staff
External: IOM, RPC, RAs, UNHCR, USCIS, and local partners as required
University Degree in any field
• Minimum one-year cumulative project management experience, including managing reports and allocating work, is required
• At least two years of relevant professional experience in customer service and data entry preferred
• USRAP processing or other NGO experience is preferred
• Previous work in a multi-cultural environment is preferred
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Proven management and leadership skills: ability to lead a team and promote productivity in a positive work environment
• Must be both team and detail oriented, flexible and able to achieve results in fast-paced, multi-cultural environment.
• Maintain calm and resilient attitude when dealing with challenging situations
• Problem-solver who takes initiative to provide solutions
• High level of professionalism, integrity, and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Able to review and develop policies and procedures for the department
• Able to send proposals for policy and procedures improvement, and review the work of others for compliance, proving feedback in a professional and constructive way.
• Excellent interpersonal skill: ability to communicate and work effectively and professionally with partners and colleagues in a cross-cultural environment
• Able to train in large and small group settings
• Able to manage team’s performance, providing regular constructive feedback and holding team members accountable.
• Solid organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks, set priorities, effectively manage time, and meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment
• Proven advanced data entry skills with extreme accuracy, attention to detail, and self-checking abilities
• Good team player, strong analytical skills and able to think and work independently as and when needed
• Ability to take direction from supervisors and cooperate with teammates
• Able to travel whenever required, both domestically and internationally
Language and Computer Skills:
• Excellent verbal and written English language skills
• Working knowledge of a refugee language is beneficial
• High level of computer literacy and proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) is required.
• Ability to type 40 words per minute
The position is currently based in Bangkok in an urban office environment. The position may require both domestic and international travel to support delivery of USRAP processing within Thailand and throughout the region. A valid passport and the ability to acquire US and other visas, as necessary, is a requirement.
The employee is required to adhere to The IRC Way for professional conduct, as well as to be in compliance with all relevant IRC and donor policies and procedures while carrying out his/her duties.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are interested, please apply via the link below.
เว็บไทยเอ็นจีโอ สนับสนุนการใช้สัญญาอนุญาตครีเอทีฟคอมมอนส์และเผยแพร่แนวคิดวัฒนธรรมเสรี เนื้อหาในเว็บไซต์ไทยเอ็นจีโอดอทโออาจี ท่านสามารถเอาไปใช้งานได้เลยโดยไม่ต้องขออนุญาต เพียงท่านระบุที่มาและห้ามทำการค้า
วิลาศินี ศรีวงษา : ติดต่อประสานงาน - Contact
Tel : 099-014-3797
ทศพร แกล้วการไร่ : ผู้ดูแลเว็บ - Webmaster
Tel : 080-078-4016
อัฎธิชัย ศิริเทศ : บรรณาธิการ - Editor
Tel : 082-178-3849
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours : Mon-Fri , 9.00-17.00
2044/23 ถ.เพชรบุรีตัดใหม่ บางกะปิ ห้วยขวาง กรุงเทพ 10310
2044/23 New Phetchaburi Road, Bangkapi, Huai Khwang, Bankok 10310
+662 314 4112