: The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
: 20 Nov 2023
04 / December / 2023
The ICRC Regional Delegation in Bangkok seeks to fill the following position:
Regional HR Manager, based in Bangkok
We are looking for a spirited team player with a can-do attitude to join our dynamic team.
Regional HR Manager is the member of the Management team of the Regional Delegation in Bangkok. S/he works closely with the Head of Regional Delegation, the Deputy Head of Regional Delegation for Operations and the Head of Mekong Mission. As a member of the Core Support team s/he reports to the Deputy Head of Regional Delegation responsible for the Support services.
Regional HR Manager works in coordination with the four regional support services managers responsible for Finance and Administration, Logistics, Information Management and ICT. Due to the structure and the geographic coverage of the delegation,
the regional HR manager ensures regular support and follow up, including by the visits to the structures in Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, and Brunei. S/he provides the HR expertise to the Head of Regional Resource Network, Bangkok Logistics Hub, Learning and Development, and the other regional managers and coordinators in all topics relative to HR.
S/he supports operational and program managers in all aspects of the HR Management.
Regional HR Manager manages the work of the HR team and is responsible for ensuring that all HR activities, plans and procedures are followed timely and properly. S/he brings insights on HR matters and ensures standards of professional HR services. Finally, the HR Manager translates the delegation’s operational needs into the HR objectives and strategies with the aim of addressing humanitarian challenges.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the HR department of Bangkok Regional Delegation, including Staff Health officer.
- Ensures coaching, experience sharing and guidance to the team members under his or her supervision
- Ensures that the HR team completes tasks and delivers the assigned work in a timely manner, within the budget and with good standard of quality.
- Responsible for the optimal utilization of human resources to deliver high quality, value added services.
- Liaise with local lawyers, regional HR Partner, staff members and the senior management team to ensure transparent consultation process where needed.
- Works closely with every line manager to ensure that position descriptions / terms of references exist and are updated for all team members.
- Ensures adequate and timely HR planning for national and international staff.
- Ensures regular exchanges and coordinates with the HR Partners for Asia and Pacific on all HR issues.
- Works towards building the healthy relations between the ICRC as an employer and its workforce by being the link between the managers and the Staff Committee.
- Keeps regular contact with the representative of the Staff Committee.
- Has the overall responsibility for all aspects related to Employee Relations by addressing demands, grievances, or other issues.
- Understands the Collective Staff Agreement (CSA) for international staff in the field and advises international staff as per requests.
- Organizes regular HR meetings to ensure optimal and proper flow of information.
- Initiates and coordinates team building activities.
- Responsible for providing support to the Staff Health Officer in the development of an appropriate system for health and psychological support for staff based in the Regional Delegation.
Framework & Compliance
- Revises and updates all HR Policies for resident staff on a yearly basis including the National Staff Regulations to ensure that they are in line with the applicable National Labor laws as well as with the ICRC HR standards.
- Monitors external service contracts and partnerships with HR involvement (i.e., health insurance contract for resident staff, executive search or recruitment companies, language learning centers, etc.). Together with Logistics and F&A department, ensures that procurement and tendering procedures are respected.
- Replies to queries of internal revision, makes necessary follow-up and is responsible for Annual Conformity Exercise.
- Works closely with the Finance and Administration Coordinator on all issues relative to the planning, implementation, and monitoring of the HR budget.
- Verifies and obtains advice from external Legal Advisors when needed.
- Disseminates procedure to report on breaches of Code of Conduct, conducts yearly information sessions informing about the Code of Conduct prevention approach and organization set-up within the ICRC.
- Makes sure that the Delegation has a Code of Conduct (CoC) facilitator and that Code of Conduct e-learning is completed by all employees working in the Delegation. Coordinates with ERCO unit in case of Code of Conduct breach.
- Together with Line Managers, conducts disciplinary follow up meetings ensuring consistency within the Delegation (meetings, note to the files; warning letters, etc.).
- Responsible for the follow up of the audit recommendations.
HR Administration and Reporting:
- Has a solid understanding of the standard HR tools and is able to manage timely and correctly the administrative work so there are no delays or backlogs.
- Understands and supervises the Performance Management & Development (PMD) activities and supports line managers in this work making sure that the deadlines for the PMD cycle are met.
- Follows and supports line managers in the planning of regular annual and other leaves. Supports the delegation in ensuring operational continuity by providing sound HR solutions.
- Serves as the focal point for all staff issues including payroll, contracts, insurance, surveys, but also for recruitment, selection, staff wellbeing, career planning, and performance management.
- Acts as the link between ICRC Bangkok and Talent Managers GVA, follows on mission extensions and job requisitions (central planning and compendium). Updates and monitors local and international staffing lists.
- Ensures regular updates relative possible constrains for deployment of international staff.
- Supervises, monitors, and grants relevant HRIS accesses and ensures there are no delays in following on procedures and rules.
- Responsible for timely and quality reporting for management, audit and compliance purpose.
- BA or Master degree in HR, Business Administration or relevant field
- Minimum 6-7 years of relevant experience as the HR leader, HR manager, Head of Administration and Finance, or Head of Support services
- Fluent in written and spoken English (French is a plus)
- International experience and international staff management experience are strong asset
- Good knowledge of the HR systems, labor laws, local competitive employer’s custom and practice
- Confirmed ability to coach and support development of the HR team and for working in the HR Tools
- Minimum management of 7 to 10 HR team members that are located in different countries
- Ability to develop the role with exemplary conduct and to represent the HR in internal meetings and with external representatives
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to create partnerships and work with national and international staff and managers in different levels
- Service oriented personality
- Strong analytical, decision making and organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities in an autonomous manner
- Cultural awareness and commitment to encourage diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace
- Experience in implementing Code of Conduct in international working environment
- Dynamic and challenging work in the humanitarian sector and international environment
- Competitive salary with benefits, good working conditions and in-house training/development
Preferred starting date: ASAP
Submission deadline for applications: 4 December 2023
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of background, race, religion, gender, age, disability, or status.
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV and letter of motivation in English, as well as salary expectations, following this format for the subject line: POSITION – First Name Surname by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview and the ICRC will not keep the files of applicants who were not shortlisted