Job Title: Senior Partnership Support Officer
Location: Mae Sot
Application Deadline: 27th March 2023
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces
The IRC is preparing to support the Royal Thai Government to provide humanitarian assistance should a large-scale influx of displaced persons arrive in Thailand seeking health and protection due to the turbulent situation in Myanmar following the 01 February 2021 military takeover.
Under supervision of Senior Health Coordinator, this position is seeking for the development of reports to support the local partner organization (Ethnic Health Organization, Local CSO and CBO) and group of volunteers. This person should be collaborative and able to act in a fast-paced environment. He or she will be responsible to submit the reports to Partnership manager/Partnership Coordinator of IRC.
• Data collection from the partner organization and group of volunteers for the ongoing influx and cross-border assistance by IRC
• Channelize the collected data into information for the recording and reporting for the donor requirement
• Oversee and develop the draft narrative based on the context of assistance being provided by the IRC
• Taking responsibility for the finalization the report with the guidance of influx and cross-border program
• Collaborate and coordinate with the influx and cross-border team for the contribution, comment, and support
• This person should also take feedback from stakeholders well and adjust content accordingly.
• Be a strong fact seeker, able to write and edit communications that spotlight the courageous people we serve and how donors are empowering them to survive, recover and rebuild their lives.
• This person is responsible to submit the reports to Partnership manager/Partnership Coordinator of IRC
• Take initiative in learning about, and staying up to date on, our programs and responses to crises around the world.
• Assist to local partners to ensure adequate monitoring mechanisms are in place to review impact of Health interventions and progress against implementation plans
• Assist to emergency health team to ensure adequate Health impact reporting and effective information sharing to demonstrate the closing of gaps.
• Any other duties requested by the organization depending on the needs and requests by supervisor
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Health Coordinator.
Indirect Reporting: Emergency Health Coordinator, Emergency Clinical Manager.
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Deputy Director of Program, Health Coordinator- Refugee Program, Senior Awards Management Coordinator, Sr. M&E Manager, M & E Coordinator, Senior Partnership Managers, Partnership Coordinator, Representatives from Health, Protection, and other departments.
External: Health and Protection representatives from implementing agencies, Local Partners, and other actors.
Education: Bachelor’s degree (preference at master’s degree level)
Work Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience in working in health program, protection in emergency is preferable.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Demonstrated analytical, systematic-thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Good communication skill to work smoothly with colleagues from various culture and backgrounds
• Highly organized, flexible, and adaptable to changing priorities and able to work well under deadlines with minimum supervision.
• Ability to work independently and make decisions quickly
• An excellent command of verbal and written English, and Burmese and Karen (S’gaw Karen) and Thai are preferred.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
The position is based in the IRC Mae Sot office, with regular travel to Field offices.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are interested, please apply for this position via the below link:
Contact : HR Department