FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Budget Manager based in Bangkok, Thailand
Responsible for the development, analysis, and finalization of the budget package (budget cost and narrative for new proposal, modification and work plan) to submit to a variety of funders in Asia Pacific Region. Provide regular and ongoing comprehensive financial insight, information, and support to proposal team members and consolidate their input to be able to complete all cost requirements identified in the Request for Proposal (RFP) or Request for Application (RFA). Analyze information, metrics, and data to provide accurate and useful information to the proposal and management team for decision making with a primary focus on feasible project implementation, revenue generation, and leverage profitability of client performance. Participate in departmental initiatives to improve tools, processes, internal capacity building, and report and metric development to recommend improvements to management.
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that the budget package (budget cost and narrative, for new proposal, modification and workplan) that is reviewed and/or developed by the APRO budget team meets the budget goals. The package must: 1) include full and accurate costs associated with the scope of work; 2) comply with the rules and regulations of both the funder and FHI 360; and 3) meet submission deadlines at high quality.
- Coordinate and work closely with the proposal team to develop the budget package, including subrecipient budgets if needed.
- Coordinate and work closely with the country to review the budget package developed by country team and build the capacity of the country team.
- Coordinate and work closely with HQ Cost and Pricing (C&P) team to ensure the proper templates are used for new proposals.
- Coordinate and work closely with the relevant teams - HQ C&P, APRO and country staff - to ensure that we receive the information or internal approval (if needed) to complete the budget package on time.
- Prepare in advance the Asia-based costs needed during the proposal stage and seek approval in advance (if needed). The costs should include, but not be limited to, office share costs, travel cost, fringe and allowance, staff salary, etc. These should be prepared at least once a year (new fiscal year) to review any significant changes.
- Prepare or review to ensure that the spending forecasts or budget projections are accurate, to use for budget package.
- Work closely with Director of Enterprise Services and HQ C&P to build budgets and review for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide brief information about the associated costs and conditions of cost proposal budget to support country offices/APRO team once the proposal has been awarded.
- Provide orientation to both APRO and the country office staff on cost proposal budget and budget modification and coordinate with HQ to resolve issues related to budget management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills
- Possess excellent analytical skills and experience using systems to generate financial reports.
- In-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP), budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices.
- Knowledge in pricing of various award mechanisms including GSA, grants, cooperative agreements, and contracts.
- Ability to collaborate with others in order to ensure development of compliant cost/price proposals that are professional, accurate, competitive and profitable.
- Ability to develop all aspects of the budget and budget narrative.
- Ability to complete all cost proposal requirements identified in the solicitation to ensure all requirements are met.
- Ability to review and negotiate budgets with subcontractors.
- Ability to generate and ensure cost strategies and budget models are responsive to specific requirements of solicitations.
- Ability to independently respond to post-submission funder queries and requests for revision.
- Ability to develop responsive proposal budget templates and modify existing templates to meet the demands of solicitations or ad-hoc request.
- Ability to communicate with international/domestic program, technical, and financial staff to obtain and/or verify financial and budget information to ensure quality of complex proposal models.
Problem Solving & Impact
- Resourceful with technology, possessing strong research skills, and adept at relationship building across organization teams and professional organizations to resolve problems and initiate enhancements.
- Serves as a resource to others in resolving moderately complex problems; able to identify substantive issues and thoroughly and accurately research and analyze these issues.
- Contributions to the completion of organizational projects and goals.
Type and Nature of Contacts
- Frequent interaction with CO’s finance staff in the region as well as HQ Finance team and APRO Business Development and Diversification team on cost proposal budgets and budget information related to local staff benefits.
- Interaction with Regional BDD team for all matters related to cost proposal budgets
- Interaction with staff in the unit and other units for budget development process.
- Work is performed under minimal direction. Participates in determining objectives of assignment. Plan schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Able to lead and collaborate with others in project team-oriented environment, communicate complex analyses verbally and in writing, and develop innovative approaches to solving technical challenges.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance, and at least seven years of combined accounting / budgeting management experience, or Master’s degree and at least five years experience; MBA or CPA preferred.
- Proficient in Excel spreadsheet software required.
- Must demonstrate excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Articulate and professional, and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with staff.
- Non-governmental organization (NGO) experience preferred.
- Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations preferred.
** Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience sufficient to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the job.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.
To apply for this position, please register and upload your cover letter and resume by clicking HERE.
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinator