Job Title: Education Officer, Urban Education Programme
Reports to: Project Director, Urban Education Programme
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
JRS has been one of the few humanitarian organizations responding to the needs of urban refugees and asylum seekers in Bangkok Metropolitan areas. Since 1990, the programme has evolved in response to the changing needs, approach, and government policies. Currently, it supports the education for asylum seekers in their lengthy wait for refugee status determination, as well as in their search for durable solutions. Emerging from service gaps and increasing needs of education for youth and adult refugees and asylum seekers within the urban context, the Urban Education Project (UEP) focuses on assisting those who are out of existing education services with language and vocational training, scholarships, and educational guidance.
The Education Officer is responsible for facilitating and designing education activities specifically related to non-formal education system. He / She will help the Project Director in implementing the daily activities of the project. He / She will work closely with UEP staff members and the Country Office in implementing the services for refugees and asylum seekers in the Bangkok area.
• Provide information and counseling and (when needed) assist students in accessing the appropriate educational opportunities.
• Support Thai and English teachers in developing curriculum, preparing lesson materials, coaching, mentoring, and training teachers, and other related activities.
• Demonstrate as a positive model being in charge and supporting the teachers.
• Design and organize educational and peer-support activities.
• Provide information session on refugee and asylum seeker issues in Thailand in the schools.
• Conduct overall monitoring, coaching and evaluation of JRS education activities in the urban context, offering recommendations and technical input when necessary.
• Identify the education and support needs among urban refugees and asylum seeker communities and the educational facilities, so the needed assistance is delivered appropriately.
• Actively contribute, through practical and technical support, to capacity development of local stakeholders in organizational management and value formation.
• Assist in collecting and analyzing accurate data, systematic filing and offering recommendations based on the data analysis.
• Actively participate in regular partnership meetings with stakeholders.
• Collaborate to ensure good communication and trusting relationship between JRS and stakeholders, in a supportive and cooperative fashion.
• Provide refugees and asylum seekers with information on successful educational strategies and management systems (best practices) to develop and strengthen an effective and coherent collective education framework among local education stakeholders.
• Identify information and training opportunities for refugees and asylum seekers.
• Respect and consider cultural differences in all decision-making by ensuring community responsibility and participatory approach.
• Support the direct implementation of activities in all areas of work whenever possible.
• Support active stakeholders’ decision-making, capacity development and responsibility.
• Collaborate and coordinate with other JRS team members, CBOs and NGOs especially those working in this urban context.
• Attend meetings as required.
• Other duties as assigned by the Project Director.
Interested candidates must apply by sending their cover letter and CV (including 3 references letter) addressing how they satisfy the criteria described above. JRS advocates for equal opportunity and promotes a diversified and inspiring working environment. Therefore, qualified candidates of ethnic minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13 December 2021. Early applications are encouraged
Contact : email@example.com