Technical supervising Asia Country Offices finance teams on all finance and accounting management to ensure that the team supports the program implementing smoothly in all angles. The finance and accounting management tasks include but not limit to pipeline analysis and monitoring, budget preparation and modification, workplan preparation, month-end/year-end closing, coordination with relevant parties when there is the audit (both internal and external) to support the audit requirement, full cycle of subaward management from starting till closing out, provide the finance training for the new comer, be strategic partner with management on all financial relevant, make sure that the program perform compliant with all relevant rule and regulations – donor, local law, FHI360 internal policies and procedures, etc., liaise with HQ, APRO and CO management to support the regular and ad hoc work, work as country office finance staff when there is needed during recruitment or staff taking leave, etc. part of the interview panel to interview the new/replacement finance senior level staff, capacity building CO finance team and APRO finance staff under the supervision, etc.
- Works closely with finance and management team in Country Offices/Project Offices and APRO on the critical and confidential aspects of financial analysis
- Reviews and analyzes monthly financial reports regarding budgets- actual and forecast.
- Provides recommendations and consults with management on financial projects and compliances.
- Participates, provides and support financial reporting for annual budget planning, forecasting and audit reviews and assessments.
- Duties require broad conceptual judgment, initiative and ability to deal with a wide range of finance issues.
- Works with confidential data, which if disclosed, might have significant internal and/ or external effect.
- Leads and manages key processes for year-end closing, associated field audits and analysis of government expenses and audited financial statements.
- Manages day to day accounting functions ensuring accounting practices and procedures are timely, efficient, and compliant with all requirements and regulations.
- Ensures an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Keeps abreast with the latest trends in financial accounting and mentors staff.
- Builds and trains staff on financial policies and procedures, GAAP practices and client relationships.
- Oversees the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
APPLIED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with accounting, financial controls and financial information systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated organizational and presentation skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to influence, motivates, and negotiates and work will with others.
- Is well-versed in state and relevant laws and regulations that have impact and applied on financial analysis and management controls.
- Experience with automated financial reporting, accounting practices.
- Sound knowledge and past experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) practices and reporting guidelines.
- Must have excellent organizational, supervisory, leadership and managerial skills.
- Ability to provide strategic leadership and advice to team, exchange information and collaborate with colleagues and peers within and outside the organization.
- Possesses a full understanding of the organizational structure, policies and practices, and the impact on own area and the entire organization.
- Must have excellent communication, diplomatic and negotiation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Minimum of 8 years related work experience, including 3 years in management and 3 years working at the corporate or organization level.
- Past experience managing financial staff team is required.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
- Prior work in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
- Experience working with an international organization.
- Experience in USAID funding management and working with other Asia Countries are a plus.
PROBLEM SOLVING AND IMPACT:
- Works on problems moderately complex scope that require in depth evaluation of data and various factors.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, for obtaining results.
- Decisions made generally affect company operations and may jeopardize overall business activities.
- Career level manager.
- Works under broad direction with considerable latitude for independent action.
- Ability to motivate, mentor, and manage individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds and expertise, resulting in high quality and timely work delivery.
- Bachelor or Master Degree, major in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or Related Field.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click HERE to apply via FHI 360's Career Portal .
** We are accepting applications via FHI 360's Career Portal only **
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
email@example.com / Tel: 02 2635273
การเงิน / Financierผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerผู้ช่วย / Assistant