Behavioural Change Officer, TRAFFIC Thailand
IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature, is seeking a qualified individual to join our TRAFFIC International team.
TRAFFIC is the leading non-governmental organization working globally on trade in wild animals and plants in the context of both biodiversity conservation and sustainable development. TRAFFIC International is a charity and limited company registered in the UK. TRAFFIC’s head office, based in Cambridge UK, provides worldwide leadership, coordination, cross-regional and corporate functions. TRAFFIC’s local engagement is managed through programme offices operating under the auspices of the UK charity, with staff based in a hub office and at other strategic locations where necessary. Programme offices operate within a geographic area of responsibility focused on one or multiple countries where TRAFFIC aims to help deliver priority programme outcomes. TRAFFIC staff in Thailand are based in the IUCN office in Bangkok.
TRAFFIC has secured Global Environment Facility funding in Thailand, via UNDP, to manage a suite of activities to reduce consumer demand for illegal wildlife products by designing and implementing behaviour change campaigns, and to monitor availability of these products in physical and online market locations. This post will provide support to the project, reporting to TRAFFIC’s Senior Project Manager and liaising with other key stakeholders based in Thailand, as well as other TRAFFIC team members in Asia.
• Support the design, development, implementation and evaluation of behavior change initiatives to reduce demand for specified wildlife products in Thailand, including ivory, tiger parts and wild meat.
• Support the consumer research being conducted by a research agency for the project.
• Liaise with creative agencies to ensure the design and successful implementation of impactful campaigns.
• Coordinate the Demand Reduction Steering Group meetings
• Liaise with key stakeholders including but not limited to government agencies, private sector, Key Opinion Leaders, social influencers, celebrities, and media to gain support for campaigns.
• Support and promote the Community of Practice (www.changewildlifeconsumers.org) in Thailand.
• Produce reports and presentations on campaigns, events, and other relevant activities.
• Undertake other tasks relevant to the project as assigned.
• At least Bachelor’s degree in social marketing, social science, communications, natural resource management, environment or sustainable development-related studies, social sciences, and/or related fields.
• At least 5 years of professional experience in social marketing, social science, market research, consumer research, communications, and media ideally including environmental conservation and wildlife trade.
• Experience of developing and implementing behaviour change initiatives, including campaign delivery, planning, budgeting and time management;
• Strong coordination and communication, ability to manage partnerships;
• Native Thai speaker with excellent spoken and written English;
• Experience working with research agencies, creative agencies, non-profit organizations, private sector and government agencies;
• Able to work collaboratively in a team
• Willing to travel as required for the project.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION: 9 March 2021
Applicants are requested to apply online through the IUCN HR Management System by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button at:
Only short-listed candidates will be notified
IUCN is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified women and men.
Contact : Kaniknart.SUTTHIRAK@iucn.org