To be part of Energy Transition in Thailand, you will drive national energy transition initiatives through specific projects in Thailand. You will be the source of expertise for energy transition relating to project implementation, campaign alignment, and audience engagement. In this role, you will strive to realize the goals of Greenpeace Thailand’s Energy Transition campaign by contributing to projects and activities.
This position based in Bangkok, with an initial 1 year contract and possibility for extension.
- Project Delivery & Support
- Organize and oversee work including research and investigation on urban and peri-urban revolution, energy transition for projects within energy transition Campaign in Thailand
- Together with Energy Transition Campaign Team Leader, develop and implement campaign work through projects that align with short and long term goals for urban campaign and energy transition campaign
- Participate in regular progress reviews and end-point evaluations of related activities and projects
- Strategy Implementation & Guidance
- Lead the implementation of energy transition campaign strategies and tactics, and assist in public outreach activities for campaign strategies
- Participate in campaign discussion and planning regarding strategic issues and event planning within Greenpeace Southeast Asia
- Actively identify and implement campaign opportunities in the context of urban revolution as they arise
- Maintain continuous communication with Energy Transition Campaign Team Leader, including preparation of monthly reports and work plans, and recommend changes in tactics or strategies as necessary
- In conjunction with Energy Transition Campaign Team Leader and Country Director, design and implement strategies to educate and mobilize various targeted constituencies and the general public about urban issues
- Issue Communication & Mobilization
- Work with communications and digital team to prepare national press releases, provide assistance in the formulation of national press releases, and assist in the planning of media campaign strategies
- Work with public engagement and actions team to develop engagement strategies
- Represent Greenpeace and the campaign at relevant public events and activist meetings/groups.
- Maintain current and up-to-date knowledge of external trends, technical information, and political, legislative, and economic frameworks relevant to urban issues in Thailand.
- Communicate information to a variety of audiences and key stakeholders, including through the development of research, fact sheets, briefing papers and other relevant communication materials
- Build alliances and/or support relationships with relevant stakeholders, grassroots organizations, academic and professional groups, labor and others as identified in strategic planning
- Other duties as directed
Educational Background & Fundamental Qualifications
Level of Education:
Bachelor’s Degree preferred (or equivalent experience)
Field of Study:
Arts or science degree, or equivalent experience working in urban-related issues
Minimum of 3-5 years of campaigning experience in Southeast Asia and/or for coal-related issues, and demonstrated experience in an environmental/activist organization
Training or Certificate:
Competencies and Skills
- Strategic Thinking & Global Mindset: Knowledge and/or experience in addressing organizational objectives by developing calculated approaches that integrate an openness to and awareness of diversity across cultures
- Teamwork & Communication: Knowledge and/or experience in working with others and presenting information, ideas, and positions in a clear manner that can easily be understood across diverse and multicultural audiences
- Quality: Knowledge and/or experience in meeting and surpassing requirements by setting high standards for the condition of outputs
- Knowledge and/or experience in environmental activism and the main issues relating to coal and its impacts
- Knowledge and/or experience in developing, delivering, and evaluating campaign strategies and tactics
- Knowledge and/or experience in building networks for partnership development and outreach
- Knowledge and/or experience in project management tools and methodologies
- Knowledge and/or experience in the media advocacy needs of a campaigning organization
- Excellent spoken and written Thai and ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English
Specific Work Environment
This position requires the employee to have a flexible approach and the ability to adapt and work in different and challenging work and cultural environments, which may include flexible arrangements working in challenging field and frontline work environments.
Commitment to non-violent direct action as a means of affecting change
Willingness to work beyond normal working hours
Willingness to travel
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE APPLYING TO THIS POST
Greenpeace provides health insurance, health allowance medical check up and travel insurance to this position.
Interested candidates are invited to write Letter of Introduction, explaining why you are qualified for the position and why you want to work for Greenpeace, fill-up the Application form from link below
Application form and Recruitment pack
and email to: email@example.com
Deadline for Applications: April 15, 2021
As we receive a large number of applicants for our advertised vacancies, we are unable to respond to those applicants who have not been shortlisted and we apologize for this in advance. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted.
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinatorเจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officerเจ้าหน้าที่ภาคสนาม / Field officerนักกิจกรรม / Activist