Plan International Thailand Job Advertisement: Project Manager
Plan International is an international humanitarian, child-centered development organization, advancing children’s rights and equality for girls.
Position: Project Manager
Assignment duration: Fixed Term Contract ( with possibility to extend)
Duty station: Bangkok
The Young Health Project (YHP) aims to support the health rights and wellbeing of young people (10-24) in marginalised communities worldwide through research, advocacy and on-the-ground Projects which are focused on the prevention of non-communicable diseases (NCDs). Since 2010 Plan International has implemented the YHP in Zambia, Brazil, India, Kenya, Indonesia, Vietnam and Myanmar.
- Be responsible in building positive and productive relationship with Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA), other ministries, partners and relevant local NGOs to ensure that young people in Bangkok have increased knowledge about risk behaviours and NCD prevention, which gives them greater capacity to make decisions about their health, in the context of improved health services, an enabling support system and policy environment.
- Advocating with national partners as Ministry of Public Health (MOPH), BMA, the Ministry of Education etc. for an enabling policy environment which supports NCD prevention and promotes broader adolescent health.
- Providing programme partners with clear guidance core approaches: holistic programming, right based approach, leverage learning and existing programmes and relationships, and partnership building.
- Be responsible for application of peer education model to obtain clear and correct information on issues of NCDs, as well as integrate cross-cutting issues such as gender equality, Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), mental health into programme activities.
- Providing technical consultation as requested and guiding local partners during the process of planning, implementing, M&E and reporting programme activities.
- Be responsible for monitoring the progress in positive changes of young people practice fewer risk behaviours due to increased knowledge and capacity.
- Be responsible for fully implementing all the programme activities at national level (Baseline, end line, cross learning and sharing).
- Be responsible for regular finance monitoring and annual budget updating. To ensure financial and administrative requirements of programme are completed in a timely manner.
- Collecting data and preparing, submitting quality and timely programme reports.
- Be the focal person for the contact with the YHP team in the Plan UK Office; this entails attending regular update calls, responding to email requests, attending global YHP calls and exchange learning and ideas with other YHP coordinators around the world.
- Be willing and able to participate and represent the YHP Thailand programme in national and international platforms or conferences should this opportunity arise.
ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s in Development Studies, Public health, Social Science, or any other relevant qualification;
- Having public health or medical background
- Experienced with managing health programs, and be familiar with writing reports and managing budgets for medium to large scale multi-year health project
- Experienced working with and preferably have contacts within the government, particularly BMA and the Ministry of Public Health, and other relevant networks
- Demonstrated knowledge in international development tools: program logic, Monitoring, and community empowerment
- Demonstrated knowledge of gender approach, gender-based violence, child rights, and inclusion
- Affinity to work with and for young people on improving their health and well-being
- Understanding of Thai Government policies, laws, and institutions in public health, gender equality and Education
- Good oral and written communication skills in English and Thai
- Ability to provide technical guidance and support staff
- Possess strong organizational, computer, and writing skills
- Ability to function efficiently and effectively with little day-to-day supervision
- Willingness to travel to programme area on a frequent basis and attend international events as required
- At least 3 years of experience in programme management, a focus on gender or child protection
- Minimum of four years in demonstrated competency in providing management level support
- Demonstrated skills in analysis and problem solving
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are required to submit a motivational letter, a comprehensive CV and details of at least 3 referees via E-mail only to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 3 March 2019
Reference & background checks will be performed for successful candidates including clearances on child related offences in conformity with Plan’s Child Protection Policy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ผู้จัดการโปรเจค / Project manager