The ICRC Regional Delegation in Bangkok seeks to fill the following position:
Language Specialist 1
- The Language Specialist 1 helps the ICRC Regional Delegation in Bangkok communicate clearly and consistently by providing translation services from English into Thai and from Thai into English and editing services in Thai.
Accountabilities and responsibilities
- Translates autonomously from English to Thai and from Thai to English and/or edits in Thai a wide range of ICRC texts, within agreed deadlines, ensuring high quality and appropriate terminology.
- Proactively collaborates with external translators when volumes require extra resources.
- May advise colleagues in the delegation/offices and from other parts of the organization on linguistic issues.
- Gets involved in ad hoc or ongoing projects (e.g. terminology).
- Uses and suggests updates terminology tools.
- Advises on sensitivities regarding the use of Thai language in the delegation.
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
Your education and experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience in translation and/or editing (preferably in an international organization).
- Knowledge of international law or related fields.
- University degree in translation or professional language skills from a recognized academic institution or equivalent.
- Thai as mother tongue.
- Excellent writing skills in Thai language.
- Advanced knowledge of English; other languages (French) an asset.
- IT proficiency and knowledge of computer-assisted translation tools (particularly Trados and terminology tools).
- Dynamic and challenging work environment in the humanitarian and international context
- A competitive salary with benefits with initial one-year of employment contract
Preferred starting date: ASAP
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV and letter of motivation in English, as well as salary expectations, by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(specify position name at your email title) Attn: Human Resources Department
Deadline for applications: 31 March 2019
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview
ล่าม , นักแปรภาษา / Translator