Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
POSITION TITLE: Social and Behavior Change Communication Specialist
LOCATION: Bangkok, Thailand
REPORTS TO: Chief of Party, USAID Thailand Counter Trafficking in Persons Project (USAID Thailand CTIP)
The Social and Behavior Change Communication Specialist will lead on all social and behavior change communication (SBCC) for the USAID-funded Thailand Counter Trafficking in Persons project. He or she will work closely with other project staff, grantees and other partners to strengthen and apply SBCC techniques throughout their work, but in particular in human trafficking prevention.
- Drive social and behaviour change communication (SBCC) initiatives with international, national and community-based partners;
- Conduct capacity assessments including specific training needs of project partners in preparation for BCC workshops and mentoring activities;
- Provide technical assistance and mentorship to USAID Thailand CTIP stakeholders in delivering effective communication strategies and interventions;
- Design and deliver creative and engaging trainings and workshops to media and development sector professionals, on a range of technical, editorial and thematic skills to strengthen SBCC activities across the USAID Thailand CTIP project;
- Support partners to build alliances with communications practitioners and tertiary education networks in Thailand and foster positive relationships with these throughout the project;
- Support delivery of SBCC evaluative research;
- Work with partners to capture change stories including implementing the Most Significant Change story methodology;
- Support the management of consultants and subcontractors relating to SBCC activities as necessary;
- Work collaboratively with all international partners on the project that will provide thematic expertise on CTIP topics and activities;
- Oversee USAID Thailand CTIP External Relations and Communications and ensure compliance with USAID and Winrock requirements;
- Contribute to project reporting requirements as related to SBCC activities;
- Any other duties as assigned.
- University degree in communications, development discipline or relevant field.
- At least 2 years of experience working on communications for development projects or other initiatives.
- Preferably experience with the use of social media to influence and gain support from general public
- Experience delivering training and workshops on communications or other related fields
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written Thai and English is preferred.
- Excellent management and organizational skills are essential.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and show initiative.
- Familiarity in behavior change communications methods as well as the development of materials for illiterate audiences.
- Proven ability to work and manage time independently and professionally, good interpersonal and team work skills
Applicants should submit a current resume and cover letter referencing Social and Behavior Change Communication Specialist in the subject line to email@example.com by January 14, 2019.
Winrock would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are shortlisted will be contacted.
นักพัฒนาโครงการ / Creative content developer