The ICRC Regional Delegation in Bangkok seeks to fill the following position:
Assistant & IM Officer
What we do
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) works worldwide to provide humanitarian assistance to people affected by conflict and armed violence. We take action in response to emergencies and at the same time promote respect for international humanitarian law. We are an independent, impartial and neutral international organization, whose humanitarian mandate stems essentially from the Geneva Conventions of 1949. We work closely with the International Movement of the Red Cross and Red Crescent and the Thai Red Cross Society to ensure a concerted, rational and rapid humanitarian response to the needs of the victims of armed conflict or other situations of internal violence. We support our partners of the International Movement during responses to large scale natural disasters in the region.
The employee will assist the Executive Assistant and Information Management Officer, direct supervisor, in supporting the management in Bangkok to organize the priorities of the delegation. He/She will provide direct support to a member of the management of the delegation.
Under the supervision of the Executive Assistant and Information Management Officer and close collaboration with the Information Management Coordinator, He/She will be responsible for the information management ensuring a coordinated and consistent workflow, and act as the focal person for information management policies/rules/guidelines and written protocols, correspondence and related computer tools such as SharePoint, Lotus Notes databases and web-based application.
S/he will report to the Executive Assistant and Information Management Officer and will be in continuous contact with staff in all departments as well as with the sub sites in Thailand.
Main duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Executive Assistant and Information Management Officer and close collaboration with the Information Management Coordinator;
- Manages and coordinates a coherent and efficient flow of information, ensuring that policies, procedures and directives are applied by all staff members.
- Writes and revises information-management and communication procedures.
- Sets goals and priorities and determines the resources required (technical or relays) to achieve the objectives based on the Information Management strategy.
- Implements, manages and monitors projects and programs related to the Information Management; briefs and trains Staff.
- Ensures information (electronic and paper documents) is shared among staff members.
- Manages and monitors computer tools such as SharePoint, databases (IBM Lotus Notes), Web-based application, including access rights and policy, and updates information in these reference tools; acts as a reference person for the ICRC intranet.
- Independently initiates, drafts, edits and finalizes correspondences, presentations, decision-making documents, and other documents; prepares briefing files.
- Acts as reference person for all written correspondence/documents ensuring protocols is applied.
- Oversees the distribution of mails, appointments for the Management team, the organization of external meetings and events, and welcoming of visitors.
- Supervises the management and updates of the Contact database.
- Ensures the record management and archives are well maintained, stored and accessible according to the institutional policy and directives.
- Ensures staff are briefed and trained on written protocols and correspondence, rules on record management, archiving, information management and related tools and protection of data.
- Provides support to the sub sites in Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia with regular visits support, and acts as a technical supervisor for the IM team/Focal points of the sub sites.
Desired profile and skills
- University degree or equivalent certification, master degree an asset.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as Assistant or similar function, preferably in an international organization or company.
- Fluency in English and Thai a must. Other languages an asset.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, and Web-based application; knowledge of IBM Lotus notes an asset.
- Information management, records management, project management expertise.
- Strong communication and highly organizational skills.
- Analytical skills and ability to produce synthetic documents or instructions.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Service oriented attitude.
- Sense of initiative, curiosity and creativity.
- Pro-activeness to set priorities under tight deadlines.
- Capacity to work in an independent and disciplined manner.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills.
- Experience in managing and coordinating a team.
- Interest and skills for training staff.
- Willingness to travel occasionally in the ICRC offices in Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member in a multicultural environment.
We offer a rewarding and enriching work in a humanitarian and international environment, and also:
- An unique opportunity to help the victims of violence and rewarding work in unusual situations
- Initial training and on-boarding organised
- Possibilities of working in a fast-paced environment and to help victims
- A competitive salary with benefits
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV and letter of motivation in English, as well as salary expectations, by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org (specify position name at your email title)
Attn: Human Resources Department
Deadline for applications: 31 December 2018
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview
เจ้าหน้าที่ประจำสำนักงาน / Officer