Field Coordinator, Coca-Cola Project
IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources, is seeking a qualified individual to join our Asia Regional Office. This position will be based at the Yao Yai island.
This is a local recruitment. Only Thai nationals, individuals with residence status or the appropriate employment visa for Thailand are eligible to apply. The remuneration and benefits package for this position is established with reference to the local labour market and in line with the IUCN conditions of service for Thailand.
The Field Coordinator will support Project Manager on day-to-day coordination with local communities, related government agencies, and others local stakeholders.
The Field Coordinator will play the role in technical, administrative and financial supports delivering “Tackling marine plastics in Thailand: from community-based actions to policies” project. The position will also be responsible for overall project implementation in the field, administrative and financial management, ensuring that all deliverables under the project outcomes are achieved.
• Closely coordinate and regularly consult with Project Manager to ensure that the annual/quarterly work plan and corresponding activities carried out are in line with the outcome objectives and targets and progress in the project targeted areas.
• Assist the Project Manager to carry out the activities on solid waste management policy development and implementation as committed in the work plan;
o Organize the scheduled meetings and workshops with the project stakeholders based on the work plan and write the meetings reports.
o Provide the technical support to local communities for activity implementation.
o Coordinate with local communities, local stakeholders on workshops and training courses organized for the targeted beneficiaries.
o Arrange payment requests and reimbursement for workshops, events, and training sessions organized by the project.
o Ensure the documents and payments for all project activities, and supporting IUCN Finance for all financial matters.
o Liaise with the Project Manager to prepare progress reports as required.
• Maintain regular contacts and build relationship with the target communities, local stakeholders and local government agencies under the project administration on solid waste management policy development and implementation.
• Coordinate with private sectors (small scale business, tour agencies and hotels) in the target areas, ensuring the comprehensive collaboration on solid waste management policy development and implementation.
• Ensure that relationship of IUCN, community, private sectors and government agencies is well maintained and beneficial for IUCN Thailand Programme to scale up IUCN’s works in the target areas in the future.
10. Other Duties
Carry out other relevant tasks assigned by, and mutually agreed with the line manager.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION: 21 October 2018
Applicants are requested to apply online through the IUCN HR Management System by opening the vacancy announcement and pressing the "Apply" button at:
Only short-listed candidates will be notified
IUCN is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from qualified women and men.