The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), Country Cluster Support Team, Bangkok Office seeks to appoint a:
Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer
Asia, Middle East and Europe (AMEE) Region
Reports to: Senior Program Advisor, American Red Cross
Location: Based in Bangkok, Thailand
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian organization, with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles (humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality) and by Strategy 2020, which voices our collective vision and determination to move forward in tackling the major challenges that confront humanity in the present decade.
Under the umbrella of the Federation’s Country Cluster Support Team, the American Red Cross (AmCross) seeks to prevent and alleviate human suffering around the world by responding to disasters, building safer, more resilient communities, and educating future humanitarians. With programs and partners in 70 countries, the American Red Cross is working to strengthen the global Red Cross Red Crescent network in order to deliver critical assistance to some of the most vulnerable communities in the world, reaching 100 million people annually.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer is a highly experienced staff responsible for helping American Red Cross (AmCross) and Red Cross/Red Crescent partners in the Asia, Middle East and Europe region to support management, monitoring and evaluation of high-quality programs. In addition, the MEL Officer will facilitate learning, sharing and use of good practices within the region and with AmCross National Headquarters and Red Cross/Red Crescent partners. The MEL Officer will travel up to 25% of the time to active American Red Cross project sites within the region. The position will report directly to the Senior Program Advisor and will be based in Bangkok, Thailand.
The MEL Officers are expected to have a wide range of skills, experience and knowledge in project management, operations, monitoring, evaluation, reporting, as well as knowledge management.
Job duties and responsibilities
The MEL Officer will support the Senior Program Advisor in management, monitoring and evaluation of the overall program portfolio and aspects of the American Red Cross Country Delegations. The position will assist in providing project oversight and technical assistance to program staff in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating projects in collaboration with Red Cross and non-Red Cross partners.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of assigned projects, ensuring impact-oriented, sustainable project results within project scope, and timeframe in line with AmCross rules, policies and procedures and grant agreements with donors.
- Support AmCross AMEE country delegations with development of M&E work plans and activities as well as M&E tools and their utilization for assigned projects.
- Support monitoring of partner reports and conduct report and indicator audits/checks during monitoring visits to maintain quality control of internal and external reporting for assigned projects.
- Support reviews of assigned project M&E frameworks and the institutionalization of all mandatory systems, tools, reports and indicators, required for efficient, effective implementation of M&E frameworks and activities, specifically ensuring compliance with AmCross rules and regulations and donor requirements.
- Support with and contribute to surveys/assessments/evaluations for assigned projects ensuring compliance and quality assurance to AmCross design and reporting guidelines.
- Support with and contribute to strategies for improving the efficiency and effectiveness assigned projects by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and action plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks.
- Contribute through participation in mid-term/annual project reviews and planning workshops for assigned country delegations.
- Support and contribute to the AmCross’ overall development and dissemination of knowledge and experience through enhanced communication, strengthened knowledge products and publications for the AMEE region.
- Support and contribute to the planning, designing, conducting, and reporting of program/ project research (quantitative and qualitative) including identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learnt for assigned projects.
- Support and contribute to identification and execution of knowledge management and sharing activities in order to generate and disseminate learning from the project activities as well as publicize results in close collaboration with relevant key stakeholders.
- Represent AmCross AMEE region while offering sound contribution to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- Bachelor’s degree in disaster risk management (and/or) climate change adaptation, or in international development.
- Prefer Master’s degree in disaster risk management (and/or) climate change adaptation, or in international development
- Demonstrated experience in project monitoring, tracking project results, conducting reviews
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation (including designing of tools and M&E Plans)
- Demonstrated experience in supporting/conducting project surveys/evaluations/ assessments
- Demonstrated experience in writing proposals/reports/case studies
- Demonstrated experience working with NGO, Red Cross/Crescent, or USAID contractors outside one’s home country
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel)
- Quantitative Data Analysis (SPSS or Stata) is preferred
- Thai citizen
- International applicant, should hold a valid work permit or residence permit to live and work in Thailand
Interested candidates are requested to Create an account before applying. Please see the link for job application below:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae with salary expectation and details of at least 3 referees
- please provide latest TOEIC/TOEFL scores
Application material are non-returnable, and we thank you in advance for understanding that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next step in the application process.
Closing date: 17 November 2018
More information about IFRC, please visit www.ifrc.org.
firstname.lastname@example.org - for any query
ผู้ประสานงาน / Coordinator