Diakonia is a Swedish non-profit and non-political organization for international development cooperation and humanitarian assistance. Diakonia supports more than 400 partner organisations in over 30 countries – in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East.
The base for Diakonia’s work is people’s will to improve and change the world. Fundamental thematic areas for Diakonia are democracy, gender equity, human rights, conflict and justice and social and economic justice.
The Asia Regional Office is located in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
Diakonia Asia Regional Office is recruiting a Deputy Regional Director for Asia
Placement: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Conditions: Local employment conditions apply
Period: 2 years with possible extension
Start: January 1, 2019
Report to: Regional Director
- Lead, develop, and co-ordinate operations within designated programmes and countries, in alignment with established guidelines, policy, strategic planning, budget, and steering documents.
- To accompany and facilitate processes of program development, strategic planning, reporting and resource mobilisation.
- To collaborate with all country offices to support the organization’s donor and contact engagement and to cultivate an organizational fundraising culture.
- To accompany and facilitate thematic development and capacity building in the region.
- To coordinate and serve as link between Diakonia at HQ and the Region on designated tasks.
- To be part of the Regional Management Team and support the Regional Director.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in relevant area
- Very good planning, organizing, reporting and writing skills (in English).
- Experience from international development cooperation
- Experience in social and political analysis, preferably from Asia and particularly in Democracy, Human Rights and Gender.
- Good leadership and interpersonal, training and facilitation skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Experience in Rights Based Approaches.
- Experience in donor relations and resource mobilization.
- Knowledge of Diakonia and the founding churches.
- Additional language skills, like Swedish
For information about the position:
Please download Application Form to be filled in English and submitted to email@example.com
no later than October 31, 2018.