The International Commission of Jurists (ICJ) is a global network of judges and lawyers united in affirming international law and rule of law principles that advance human rights.
The Asia & Pacific Regional Office is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Administrative Officer based in Bangkok, Thailand. The Administrative Officer will be engaged to develop and implement effective and efficient administrative procedures and methods of work to ensure a smooth day-to-day running of the Asia Regional Office based in Bangkok.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the proper up-keep, maintenance and professional appearance of the office premises;
- Carry out the maintenance of the inventory and the purchasing of equipment and supplies and manage relations with the estate agent, office insurer and other service providers;
- Ensure proper reception of visitors. Handle incoming telephone/faxes/emails to ICJ institutional accounts and ensure maintenance of copiers, printers and fax machines;
- Organise use of post and couriers services: collect, open and distribute incoming mail, prepare and deposit outgoing mail via post or other services;
- Assist Regional Office staff with travel, visa requirements and accommodation arrangements in the Asia-Pacific region;
- Assist the Asia Regional office and other offices of the Programme in the coordination and organization of events;
- Develop and maintain the Regional office contacts database and the general activities calendar for donor & internal reporting;
- Coordinate with programme staff and the Media & Communications Director, the graphic design, printing and distribution of all publications and communication outputs from Asia;
- Act as a Focal point for all IT related issues and assist the IT Consultants in Geneva in the management of information technology systems and the maintenance of hardware and software for the Bangkok office;
- Report directly to the Senior International Programme Manager. Work in coordination with relevant staff in the ICJ Regional office and with the Administration and Finance team in Geneva to ensure timely submission of information and reports;
- Carry out other, appropriate responsibilities as requested by the Regional Director or the Senior International Programme Manager of the Asia-Pacific Regional Office.
- University degree in administration or a related field;
- 2-3 years experience working in administration, experience with an NGO an asset;
- Fluent in Thai and English (written and spoken), knowledge of other South East Asian languages an asset; and
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and Word-processing programmes.
- Planning and organisational skills
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Flexibility and capacity to adapt to changing priorities and needs
- Proactivity, pragmatism and problem-solving skills
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, ability to work well as part of a team and thrive in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
The ICJ is an equal opportunities employer and offers a competitive salary package.
APPLICATIONS close on 31 October 2018 and should be addressed with your resume, a cover letter and the names of at least 2 references to:
Please appreciate that due to the volume of applications only short listed candidates will be contacted. We cannot answer phone enquiries. We thank you for your understanding.