RECOFTC – The Center for People and Forests holds a unique and important place in the world of forestry. It is the only international not‐for‐profit organization that specializes in capacity development for community forestry and devolved forest management. RECOFTC engages in strategic networks and effective partnerships with governments, nongovernment organizations, civil society, the private sector, local people, and research and educational institutes throughout the Asia‐Pacific region and beyond. With over 30 years of international experience and a dynamic approach to capacity development—involving research, analysis and synthesis; strategic communication; training and learning networks; and piloting and demonstrating—RECOFTC delivers innovative solutions for people and forests.
RECOFTC is currently seeking a qualified candidate to work as Project Officer for Empowering Community Forestry Networks towards improved and inclusive forest governance mechanism through multi-stakeholder cooperation (CF NET) Project under RECOFTC Thailand Country Program. The successful applicant will be based in Bangkok, with regular travel within countries. The contract duration is for 2 years with a possibility of extension depending on performance and availability of funding.
This project aims to strengthen multi-stakeholder engagement processes to ensure that Forest Governance Mechanisms (FGMs) defined by various legal reforms will be developed, implemented and monitored in an inclusive manner with empowered and well-coordinated community forest (CF) networks playing a key role, complemented by empowered and capacitated CF leaders. More specifically the project will concentrate on two specific objectives to be met by 2022:
- Empowered CF networks improve forest governance mechanisms through strengthened collaboration with local authorities and multi stakeholder processes
- CF leadership, in particular with attention to women and youth, are capable of effectively representing CF constituents (in particular the voices and interests of those marginalized in forest landscape governance mechanisms) and in sustaining CF networks.
The Project Officer will work under direct supervision of the Project Coordinator. His/her main role is to ensure that the project is effectively and systematically implemented according to the project work plan and to the EU and RECOFTC administration and financial policies and standards.
RESPONSIBLITIES AND DUTIES
The main tasks of the Project Officer will include but not be limited to the following:
Administration and financial management
- Develop and maintain a project administration and financial system according to the EU and RECOFTC policies and guidelines;
- Assist in project budget planning and monitoring including auditing under supervision of Project Coordinator and guidance from Director, Thailand Country Program;
- Support TCP’s Accounts and Administration Officer (AAO) in producing monthly project financial report;
- Support TCP’s Accounts and Administration Officer (AAO) to prepare budget, advance, payments and settlement for the project team;
- Assist Project Coordinator to coordinate with the project partners to ensure smooth financial management and in line with the EU policy and to report to EU on financial issue;
- Prepare service agreements, contracts, procurement documents and other supporting documents;
- Maintain project document filing and recording;
- Assist in administrative and logistic arrangement for project meetings, training, or project events;
- Take a lead in database management and administer the Community Forestry (CF) portal system and CF database;
- Work with TCP’s Communication Officer to design and implement the Project’s communication work plan in consultation with the Project Coordinator;
- Initiate and maintain CF NET’s social media communication and events for delivering the project’s communication objectives;
- Assist the Project Coordinator in monitoring CF related policies development, review and produce update brief to feed into the CF NET’s communication channels;
- Assist in taking minutes of meeting and document discussion in workshops or training;
- Assist in recording of the project activities into the RECOFTC database system;
- Assist the project team in arranging meetings or facilitating field events;
- Assist in facilitating workshops and meeting together with the Project Coordinator;
- Support in project Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), including recording survey results and activities report into RECOFTC’s MEL system;
- Perform any other task as assigned by the Project Coordinator.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The Project Officer will have the following essential qualifications and experience
- Bachelor or Higher degree in Environment, Forestry, Social Development, Social Sciences or related fields
- At least five years in position of project management, development project implementation in the field of natural resources management
- Experience in managing financial and administration of key development donor such as EU
- Experience in writing blog, report and social media communication
- Good English skills and experience in preparing contractual agreements
- Good communication skill and ability to coordinate with different partners
- Thai nationality
- Good knowledge of web-based communication software
- Good in details and careful on numeracy
- Service minded and work well under pressure
- Teamwork oriented
- Output and outcome oriented
- Willingness to travel regularly
In addition to job specific skills and experience, the applicant should possess the following characteristics (including attitudes and skills)
- Interpersonal communication skills, individually and in‐groups, with an ability to work as an active member of teams. This implies flexibility and open‐mindedness;
- Possess leadership personality, and able to take on and solve problems quickly and efficiently;
- Hands‐on experience and able to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Initiative and ability to make informed independent judgments (which is not inconsistent with an overall team approach);
- Ability to work in multi-stakeholders and variety cultures
Interested candidates are requested to submit CV and a cover letter indicating why they are suitable for this position along with salary requirements and current contact details of three referees, including recent supervisors to HR@recoftc.org. Please quote the position title in the subject line of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. RECOFTC has a competitive compensation package. However, offers shall be based on salary history, relevant experience and qualifications of the selected candidate.
To learn more about RECOFTC, please visit our website www.recoftc.org
Women are strongly encouraged to apply. RECOFTC is an equal opportunity employer and the successful candidate will be selected based on merit.
RECOFTC retains the right to offer this position at a job grade relevant to the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.