Partnerships Officer – Bangkok Position
Baan Dek Foundation is an international NGO that provides access to education, health and safety services for more than 1,000 vulnerable children every year. BDF achieves its mission through a variety of field programs among disadvantaged communities, including educational programs and one-on-one tailored support. You can find further information about BDF’s mission and programs at www.baandekfoundation.org.
Position status: Partnerships Officer – Bangkok (full-time position)
Duration of contract: 6 months, with strong possibility of extension
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
BDF is seeking a new staff member to help expand its partners and fundraising. The main responsibilities of the Partnerships Officer based in Bangkok will include the following:
- Develop, establish, maintain and build partnerships in Thailand and abroad for fundraising as well as non-financial forms of support. Main responsibilities include: conducting ongoing prospection of new opportunities, networking with donors to build relationships and upholding representation of BDF’s mission and programs, drafting proposals for developing and/or expanding programs with new donors, and working with the BDF Communications team to develop materials (ex. PowerPoint presentations, brochures, videos, etc.) to facilitate communication with partners
- Support financial organization and activities related to partnerships. Main responsibilities include: working closely with colleagues to understand funding needs and prioritize partnerships accordingly, coordinating all financial information related to partnerships, and working closely with the Finance Officer to draft program budgets that will be proposed to partners.
- Support BDF’s field programs by participating in field activities where possible. This responsibility also serves to keep the Partnerships Officer in touch with and well-informed of program activities, and therefore better placed to communicate field impact to partners.
- Qualifications: Significant fundraising experience and Business/Marketing studies (or studies in a relevant field). Experience with social businesses, marketing, and communications is highly recommended.
- Experience working with children (or for an organization that supports children) is considered an asset.
- Strong social commitment, excellent analytical skills, interpersonal and teamwork skills. Ability to work and live in a multi-cultural environment. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, flexible and interested in fundraising that supports social work.
- Proficiency in spoken and written Thai and English.
- Other desired skills: Ability to drive a motorbike.
Compensation: A monthly salary will be determined according to the successful candidate’s professional experience and qualifications.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Baan Dek Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that selects candidates based on merit.
To comply with Baan Dek Foundation Child Protection Policy, the selected candidate will be requested a copy of his/her criminal records. The successful applicant will be expected to comply with Baan Dek Foundation's Child Protection Policy.
Email applications (CV, cover letter, expected salary, and 2 references) to Ms. Allison Sanders (Allison@baandekfoundation.org).