Asian Disaster Preparedness Center (ADPC), established in 1986, is a regional non-profit foundation with headquarters in Bangkok, Thailand. It supports the advancement of safer communities and sustainable development through implementing programs that reduce the impact of disasters upon countries and communities in Asia and the Pacific. The primary geographical focus of ADPC’s activities is Asia with South, South East and East Asia being the primary sub-regions.
ADPC has more than 31 years of experience working for a safer Asia in partnership with the national and local governments of its charter member countries as well as the member states of the Regional Consultative Committee (RCC) on Disaster Management. ADPC addresses the region’s preparedness needs in development of capacities and promotion of learning; dissemination of information and knowledge management; provision of technical and advisory services; implementation of pioneering regional programs; preparation and follow-up of global and regional mechanisms; establishment of new regional mechanisms; support for inter-agency coherence and coordination; and catalytic facilitation and partnership to sub-regional mechanisms. ADPC works to build preparedness at all levels, from regional to national to sub-national and even to individual communities. Further details on ADPC and its programs can be found at www.adpc.net.
NOTE: This is a local recruitment. Only Thai nationals, individuals with residence status or the appropriate employment visa for Thailand are eligible to apply.
Statement of Intent: The Senior Communication Associate will provide support to the Communications Manager in advancing the disaster risk reduction agenda in Asia and the Pacific through targeted and innovative communications within the scope of ADPC’s vision, mission, and goals.
It is not the intent of this position description to cover every aspect of the position requirements, rather to highlight the most important areas of personal and joint responsibility.
Required Qualifications/ Selection Criteria:
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or other relevant fields;
• One to two years of working experience in writing;
• Exemplary English writing and editing skills;
• Proven experience in social media management;
• Advanced computer literacy - including presentation software, publishing, MS Office;
• Excellent interpersonal and coordination skills, and ability to work with a team in a multi-cultural environment;
• Ability to work independently and be service-minded and detail-oriented;
• Possess excellent problem-solving and analytical skills;
• Good planning and organizing skills; and
• A strong desire to learn and undertake new challenges;
• Knowledge of video/multimedia production (preferred);
• Experience with WordPress, Campaign monitor and Mail Chimp (preferred).
• Operate within all ADPC guidelines, procedures and policies;
• Provide ongoing capacity building training & development to ADPC staff as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of Communications Manager, the incumbent will assist in the following duties:
• Report directly to the Communications Manager; and
• Work closely with other staff of ADPC.
Contract Duration: One (1) year with possibility of extension.
How to apply:
Interested Candidates, please submit the completed ADPC application form, (downloadable from www.adpc.net), resume, copy of diploma(s) and certificate(s) together with a cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org.