United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Representation in Thailand
Vacancy Announcement No. 30/2014
Position Title: Senior Programme Assistant
Post Level: Equivalent to GS-5
Post No.: -
Report To: Programme Officer
Section: Programme Unit
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand
Contractual Status: Local Individual Contractor Agreement (UNOPS)
Date Issued of the Vacancy Announcement: 31 July 2014
Closing Date of the Vacancy Announcement: 14 August 2014
Availability of the Post 01 September 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Review project proposals and budgets against the UNHCR objectives on refugee protection and humanitarian assistance;
2. Help prepare implementing agreements and contracts of various kinds;
3. Manage data and display information-management and information-sharing skills, and maintain records and control plans;
4. Help monitor project activities, analyze and draft reports on performance and expenditures;
5. Interact flexibly and maintain good relations with UNHCR Offices in the field, NGO Partners and Government Agencies to ensure a smooth and successful implementation of UNHCR projects;
6. Use UNHCR’s corporate tools (e.g. Global Focus, Focus Client, MSRP Oracle PeopleSoft), promote good practices, assess the technical soundness of data to facilitate the decision-making and reporting processes at country-level;
7. Prepare background materials, working papers and tables for meetings or briefings;
8. Carry out specific project control related tasks;
9. Perform other duties as required.
Applicants must be Thai nationals.
Education and Skills: Completion of Secondary Education and Post-Secondary training/certificate in Business Administration, Law, Social Science or related field. Good communication and negotiation skills. Excellent computer skills in MS Office.
Experience: At least four (4) years of previous job experience relevant to the function, preferably with an international organization.
Languages: Fluency in spoken and written English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language desirable.
Please submit your P.11, Resume and Motivation Letter indicating vacancy announcement number and position title to THABAHR@unhcr.org
Applications will not be acknowledged. Only the successful candidate will be notified of
the outcome of the selection process.
P.11 form can be down loaded from: http://unhcr.or.th/sites/default/files/p11.doc