: The International Organization for Migration (IOM)
: 7 Feb 2024
20 / February / 2024
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Senior Finance and Administrative Assistant
Duty Station : Mae Sot, Thailand
Classification : General Service (G-7, THB 109,232.92 per month)
Type of Appointment : One Year Fixed-Term Contract
Initial 12 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 20 February 2024
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
1. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE:
IOM is committed to the principle that migrants and society benefit from humane and orderly migration. IOM began operations in Thailand in 1975, assisting with the resettlement of refugees in countries where they could obtain permanent residence. Since that time, IOM activities in the country have significantly expanded in terms of both their geographic scope and target populations.
IOM's cooperation with the Royal Thai Government (RTG) has expanded to cover all aspects of migration affecting the Kingdom and its neighbors, including labour migration, migration health, counter-trafficking, emergency and post-crisis, institution building, border management, research, and private sector collaboration since the Kingdom of Thailand became a member state in 1986.
In 2023, IOM is the largest UN agency in Thailand, with over 350 personnel, five offices and eleven mission sites. The northern offices are Mae Sot, Mae Hong Son, Mae Sariang, and Chiang Mai.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Sub-Offices and overall supervision of the National Resources Management Officer, the Senior Finance and Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the management of the Resources Management Unit (RMU) activities in the sub-offices of Mae Sot, Mae Sariang, Mae Hong Son and Chiang Mai.
2. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Provide overall support to the Resources Management Unit (RMU) in the sub-offices in financial, procurement, ICT, human resources and other administrative activities in close coordination with the respective RM units in Bangkok;
- Assist with the monitoring, processing and reconciliation of financial transactions and payments to staff and suppliers in a timely manner, maintain financial records using the IOM Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System in line with IOM financial regulations;
- Assist in the monitoring of budget versus actual financials for the operational activities of the sub-offices of Mae Sot, Mae Sariang, Mae Hong Son and Chiang Mai;
- Review validity checks on monthly payroll projectization results of the sub-offices of Mae Sot, Mae Sariang, Mae Hong Son and Chiang Mai;
- Review the imprest accounts and guarantee the safe custody of all available cash;
- Contribute to the preparation of the monthly accounts closure in compliance with the accounts closure checklist in the sub-offices;
- Contribute to the preparation of budgets and accounting, financial, statistical and donor reports complying with relevant donor requirements;
- Maintain a filing system and ensure that all RMU documents and paid vouchers are properly filed and updated in the order in which they are entered in PRISM;
- Validate that all Travel Requests are duly completed before staff are authorized to travel and validate that all TRs and expense claims are duly completed and all supporting documents are attached prior to dispatch for computation and reimbursement;
- Support and monitor the maintenance and repair of office facilities and equipment including preventive maintenance. Contribute to the establishment of maintenance agreements with competent service providers when it is feasible and determined to be cost effective;
- Assist with the management of the office asset inventory in line with IOM Assets inventory policy and maintain an updated asset inventory report;
- Monitor procurement activities including obtaining quotations, preparing evaluations and recommendations, issuing Purchase Requisitions (PR) Purchase Orders (PO) or Service Agreements (SA) and delivery of goods/services in accordance to IOM procurement guidelines;
- Liaise with programme staff in procurement planning, preparing and developing specifications, terms of reference, scope of work, bidding documents and contractual aspects of the projects related to procurement of diverse services, goods and works;
- Support negotiation of terms and conditions of purchase orders/contracts under the guidance of supervisors; assist in contributing to adherence contractual agreements and advise concerned parties on contractual rights and obligations;
- Support, monitor and process administrative actions (human resources, contracts, procurement, accounting, finance, logistics) in IOM's computerized systems. Train and guide the SCM staff and other personnel in the mission on the relevant rules, policies and procedures;
- Monitor the management of IOM fleet and rented vehicles in the sub-offices;
- Provide general guidance and oversight on accounting, financial policies and procedures to the Resource Management Unit staff in the sub-offices;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
3. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma with seven years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Professional certification as Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) is an advantage.
Accredited Universities are those listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database.
- Experience in financial administration including financial management, accounting and budgeting;
- Experience in human resources, procurement and logistics;
- Experience using an Enterprise Resource Planning system;
- Experience working in an international organisation an advantage.
- High level of computer literacy, good knowledge of MS Office, in particular in Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with national and international institutions;
- Ability to prepare clear and concise report;
- Demonstrated ability to and exercise sound judgment;
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) an advantage; and,
- Knowledge of SAP highly desirable.
- Fluency in Thai and English (oral and written) is required.
5. DESIRABLE COMPETENCIES:
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: displays a high level of cultural awareness, sensitivity to different ways of working and leverages individual strengths in order to build a better team.
- Delivering results: monitors own and others’ work in a systematic and effective way, ensuring required resources and outputs.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: encourages knowledge-sharing across units/departments and ensures that knowledge is captured, recorded and disseminated appropriately.
- Accountability: plans and organizes work with a clear and deliberate focus, ensuring commitments are easily identified and progress is widely communicated.
- Communication: seeks to share information with others, with due respect for diversity and the confidentiality of specific sensitive information.
Managerial Competencies - Behavioural indicators – Level 2
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the Organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their leadership and professional potential.
- Empowering others: Creates an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Building Trust: Promotes shared values and creates an atmosphere of trust and honesty.
- Strategic thinking and vision: Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Humility: Leads with humility and shows openness to acknowledging own shortcomings.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via IOM e-Recruitment system within the above said deadline referring to this advertisement. Please attach the following documents in your application.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This post is subject to local recruitment. Only those holding a valid residence and work permit for the country where this position is based will be eligible for consideration.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable. Vaccination against COVID-19 will be required for IOM personnel who are hired or otherwise engaged by IOM. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination.
- IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
- IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM online recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
- Only applicants who meet the above qualification will be considered.
For further information and other job postings, you are welcome to visit our website: Careers | IOM Thailand.