Job Title: Senior Emergency Protection Officer (National Position)
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Application Deadline: 6 December 2023
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic well-being, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future, and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced persons in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi, and Mae Hong Son provinces
The IRC Thailand Emergency Protection Response is designed to be adapted to the context and change of need of the affected population in the Temporary Safety Area (TSA) and holding area. The IRC Thailand has responded to the immediate protection needs of the targeted beneficiaries through comprehensive and holistic protection services including preparing to expand and enhance its emergency protection services to put in place necessary internal mechanisms and coordination at the provincial and national levels to address the emerging needs of affected people.
The Senior Emergency Protection Officer will be based at IRC’s office in Mae Hong Son Province, under the supervision of the Senior Emergency Protection Manager. The Senior Emergency Protection Officer will serve as the key person to implement Emergency Protection activities for Maehongsorn Province including providing support to partners to implement programs along the Thailand-Myanmar border.
1. Program implementation
• Work with Senior Emergency Protection Manager and other members to develop tools and materials for protection services in emergency responses.
• Serve as focal person of the Emergency Protection Team to implement program activity in Maehongsorn Province. Take the lead for the rapid assessment exercise conducted in Maehongsorn Province to align with the project response plan.
• Coordination with Emergency Protection Case Worker, and/or Women Protection and Empowerment team to facilitate protection case management, GBV case management, and Individual Protection Assistance.
• Served as the focal person to facilitate capacity building for partner organizations, which close technical coordination with the WPE Program and Protection Program.
• Serves as a representative of the Emergency Protection Program to align with relevant stakeholders in Meahongsorn Province to ensure effective communication and coordination for humanitarian assistance.
• Coordinate with the Royal Thai Government and FISWF members in Maehongsorn Province to ensure the Emergency Protection Program launched smoothly and fulfill the gaps in emergency response in the TSA and holding area.
• Close coordination with the IRC Emergency Health Program in Maehongsorn Province to ensure Collaborative communication, planning, and response for humanitarian assistance in Maehongsorn Province.
• Serves as the key person to update service mapping of the service providers operating in the area
• Contextualized standard tools and agreed among the team for application in Maehongson. Saves as a focal person for data entry, and data reporting in coordination with M&E
• In coordination with M&E provide technical support and monitor for program data collection and data reporting to partner
• Organizing distribution and post-distribution monitoring of in-kind material support share with other field teams.
• Taking the lead for direct implementation and technical support to partner in Maehongsorn in providing age-appropriate quality psychosocial support in mobile and static-safe spaces including emotional support group sessions awareness/information sessions and help desk.
2. Program Management
• Assist the Emergency Protection team in sharing feedback on direct interventions, and reports and ensuring that review inputs are sufficiently addressed and alien with the donor compliant.
• Responsible for monitoring spending related to the provision of pre-position of an in–kind material and transportation services activities are on track and timely informing Senior Emergency Protection Management of budget adjustment needs.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Senior Emergency Protection Manager
Position directly supervises: NA
Direct Technical support: WPE Senior Program Manager in Mae Hong Son
Indirect Reporting: Senior Protection and Empowerment Coordinator
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Emergency Health Program
External: Provincial Protection Sector Working Group Focal Point, IFSWG members
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Social Work, community development, or a high school diploma or Post-10 Certificate is required, with a strong interest in refugee or Internally Displaced Person (IDP) related issues.
• Proven experience in working in emergency response or in protection is preferable.
• Proven experience related to protection case management, GBV case management, and MHPSS activities.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Demonstrated analytical, systematic thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Solution-orientated committed, and good communication skills to work smoothly with colleagues from various cultures and backgrounds.
• Strong understanding of accountability and proven ability to build Client Feedback Systems.
• Willingness to travel to field areas.
• Highly organized, flexible, adaptable to changing priorities, and able to work well under deadlines with minimum supervision.
• Computer proficiency, with experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint including online communication platforms such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
• Capable of communicating effectively in verbal and written English, Burmese, and Thai.
• Karen is a plus.
Certificates or Licenses: N/A
This position is based in the IRC office in Mae Hong Son Province, with extensive travel to other field sites.
Standard of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability, and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons, and several others.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IRC considers all participants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are interested, please apply for this position via the below link:
เว็บไทยเอ็นจีโอ สนับสนุนการใช้สัญญาอนุญาตครีเอทีฟคอมมอนส์และเผยแพร่แนวคิดวัฒนธรรมเสรี เนื้อหาในเว็บไซต์ไทยเอ็นจีโอดอทโออาจี ท่านสามารถเอาไปใช้งานได้เลยโดยไม่ต้องขออนุญาต เพียงท่านระบุที่มาและห้ามทำการค้า
วิลาศินี ศรีวงษา : ติดต่อประสานงาน - Contact
Tel : 099-014-3797
ทศพร แกล้วการไร่ : ผู้ดูแลเว็บ - Webmaster
Tel : 080-078-4016
อัฎธิชัย ศิริเทศ : บรรณาธิการ - Editor
Tel : 082-178-3849
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours : Mon-Fri , 9.00-17.00
2044/23 ถ.เพชรบุรีตัดใหม่ บางกะปิ ห้วยขวาง กรุงเทพ 10310
2044/23 New Phetchaburi Road, Bangkapi, Huai Khwang, Bankok 10310
+662 314 4112