: Community Resilience Program (CRP)
: 16 Nov 2023
16 / December / 2023
Procurement Manager– Chiang Mai, Thailand
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) requires implementing partner support to establish and manage the Community Resilience Program (CRP). This program is based in Chiang Mai, Thailand to support activities that will sustain and strengthen community resilience in the region.
This is a full-time position based in Chiang Mai.
About the Role
CRP is seeking a Procurement Manager to provide oversight to the Procurement Department and manage all the procurement processes, provides procurement guidance to the project staff, and ensures compliance with client procurement regulations and implementing partners policies and procedures.
- Manage the procurement process for the purchase and delivery of goods and services for program activities, including determining procurement requirements, identifying, and recommending the most appropriate method of procurement, inspecting goods and services, and verifying delivery of goods;
- Oversee orientation and training of all procurement staff as required;
- Provide oversight on the management of the asset and inventory registry, including equipment allocation and maintenance, and disposition of assets in accordance with implementing partner and client regulations;
- Ensure all procurements strictly follow implementing partner and client rules and regulations, and work with vendors to ensure quality control;
- Ensure completion of required due diligence verifications;
- Negotiate terms and conditions for purchase orders, subcontracts, and consulting agreements.
- Oversee preparation of purchase orders, subcontracts, and consulting agreements; and clear procurement documents for signature by the Chief of Party (COP) or his/her designee or the Home Office, when applicable;
- Display creative problem solving in addressing and resolving emerging project needs;
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent university degree in a relevant field;
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience managing procurement for a USAID or other donor-funded program;
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience;
- Demonstrated understanding of USAID procurement regulations;
- Experience maintaining professional relationships with local counterparts, beneficiaries, contractors, and suppliers;
- Ability to ensure compliance with USAID ,CRP and implementing partner procedures, and regulations;
- Ability to prioritize and manage a high-volume workload in a fast-paced work environment;
- Strong communication skills as well as proactive problem-solving abilities independently and with teams, a strong service orientation, and inter-personal skills, self-awareness, and emotional intelligence;
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and other basic computer applications;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work in a diverse team environment;
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Please send your CV in English to Chris Grogan at the following email address:-
Interim Human Resources Manager,
Community Resilience Program