: Community Resilience Program (CRP)
: 16 Nov 2023
16 / December / 2023
FINANCE/ACCOUNTING MANAGER– Chiang Mai, Thailand
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) requires implementing support to establish and manage the Community Resilience Program (CRP). This program is based in Chiang Mai, Thailand to support activities that will sustain and strengthen community resilience in the region.
This is a full-time position based in Chiang Mai.
About the Role
CRP is seeking a Finance and Accounting Manager (FAM) to oversee all aspects of accounting, budgeting, and financial operations. The Finance and Accounting Manager will ensure that accounting, budgeting, and financial activities are carried out in a manner consistent with the objectives of the project, and in compliance with local law, USAID regulations, and CRPs policies and procedures. The FAM will report to Operations Manager.
- Provide overall oversight and accountability of the Finance and Accounting department;
- Work closely with the Chief of Party and Operations Manager to establish and oversee the financial management of the program, including but not limited to submission of monthly financial budget forecast and cash flow projections for the project expenses, monthly submission of financial records to the home office, operating budget tracking/obligation oversight, and adherence to audit/financial procedures;
- Review monthly financial reports;
- Ensure compliance with statutory regulations, and other financial laws and regulations;
- Ensure availability of funds and oversee bank reconciliation statements for all funds in foreign and local currencies;
- Manage and support the payment process for program activities, carry out monitoring of advances, and ensure the proper use and management of the financial resources of the program in line with the requirements of the client and implementing partners;
- Review all payment documentation and verify information prior to approval, signature of the Operations Manager and/or Chief of Party, and payment processing;
- Ensure that accounting and finance actions are compliant with Implementing partner and client’s procedures and regulations as well as advise on policies and regulations related to finance and accounting;
- Ensure that all required documents are accurate, updated, and compliant with the up-to-date local regulations and laws governing taxes and accounting;
- Ensure that all financial books and records are properly maintained in accordance with the home office’s policy and the best practices as needed;
- Support and monitor requests for funds for the implementation of the program;
- Support Grants Officers with financial aspects of grants management including review and audit grantee financial reports ensuing compliance with grant agreement requirements;
- Support Procurement Team and provide guidance of implementing partner and client’s procedures and regulations;
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, accounting, or related field;
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience working in project financial management with strong knowledge of international donor requirements;
- Familiarity with grants management and project finance management, including financial controls, accounting, auditing, as well as reporting on accruals, pipelines, and expenses;
- Proficient with MS Office Suite;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously under pressure in a stressful environment and with colleagues from different cultural and professional backgrounds;
- Good written and spoken English.
Please send your CV in English to Chris Grogan at the following email address:-
Interim Human Resources Manager,
Community Resilience Program