: WWF Thailand - World Wide Fund for Nature International
: 16 Nov 2023
15 / December / 2023
Position Title : Project Assistant
Department : Regional, USAID Mekong For the Future
Work location : Bangkok, Thailand
Report to : Deputy Chief of Party, USAID Mekong For the Future
Technically report to : N/A Supervises : N/A
Employment duration : 12 months with the possibility to extend
WWF, the world’s leading conservation organization, seeks a Project Assistant for the USAID-funded Mekong for the Future project activity to be based in Bangkok, Thailand. The Mekong for the Future is a three-year project that will support natural resource governance and transparency across the Greater Mekong (Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, and Viet Nam) through strengthening civil society's ability to engage in natural resource governance and improving their access to, and understanding of, environmental data from public and private sources. The project will strengthen the ability of civil society organizations in the region to coordinate their activities, improve their ability to advocate for and monitor environmental policies, increase transparency and improve their use of environmental data.
2. Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure day-to-day schedules, calendar management, administrative and secretarial supports for Chief of Party (COP) and Core Team Members (CTMs, Data Transparency Specialist and Civil Society Specialist), including coordination with all internal departments and other regional/country offices of the WWF network.
- Support COP in managing external engagements, events, and functions. This will include setting up appointments, car bookings, IT/digital set-up, coordinating briefing notes, coordinating with all the teams of WWF Thailand and other Greater Mekong countries.
- Coordinate and provide logistic arrangements for meetings in Greater Mekong countries and related activities of the MFF. This will include support COP and CTMs at meetings through administrative services such as note-taking, writing summaries, and coordinating with stakeholders.
- Organize logistics/registration for field trips/seminars, meetings, and workshops nationally and internationally for COP and CTMs as well as collecting financial documents/receipts and settle the financial clearance.
- Support WWF Thailand Mekong for the Future team in administrative, operational and logistical tasks as needed.
- Carry out other tasks as assigned by COP and CTMS. Roles and responsibilities may evolve with program and operations requirements.
3. Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in social sciences, business administration, business management, communication arts or in relevant fields.
- 3 years as Administrative Assistant or Program Assistant in an international organization or INGO or private sector; or
- 3 years as a member of a Chief of Staff team, or an Executive Secretary in a diplomatic mission, UN agency, dean’s office or president’s office at a university, or research institution/think-tank.
- Skilled in planning, organization, time management, administration, coordination, and basic accounting.
- IT: Fluent in online platforms, such as Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Zoom, etc
- Diplomatic and respects confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good emotional intelligence and service mind.
- Ability to perform multitasking and work under pressure or within a tight timeline.
- Highly self-motivated and adaptable to learning and understanding new concepts.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Thai national
- Fluency in Thai and English is required; knowledge of a regionally relevant language is an asset but not required (Lao, Khmer, Vietnamese and Myanmar).
4. Working Relationships
- COP and CTMs - To provide timely and responsive administrative support that helps COP and CTMS successfully carry out the mission and goals of WWF-MFF.
- Departments/Country Offices/Regional Offices - To effectively coordinate meetings, briefing material, background documents, and other materials for COP and CTMS.
- Government agencies -To effectively coordinate meetings and appointments, and maintain a cordial and professional external image for WWF-MFF.
- Corporates and organizations - To effectively coordinate meetings and appointments, and maintain a cordial and professional external image for WWF-MFF.
- Individual person - To effectively coordinate meetings and appointments, and maintain a cordial and professional external image for WWF-MFF.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.