Job Title: Senior Information Management Officer (National Position)
Sector: Crisis Response, Recovery, and Development
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Mae Sot District Soi 14, Thailand
Application Deadline: 21 November 2023
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced person in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
The IRC Protection and Empowerment program works to protect and promote the rights of displaced persons along Thailand - Myanmar border, and ensures that people are safe in their homes and communities; that they receive appropriate support after experiencing harm, and aims to enable displaced people to exercise free and informed decisions on where and how to live, including enhance employability skill to increase capacity to plan for their future. The program also promotes multi-sectoral approaches to ensure refugees receive comprehensive support on legal, medical, and psychosocial care. To integrate gender equality, diversity and inclusion into all facets of program implementation. The program commits to enhance effectively using data for decision making across program cycle management and advocacy for protection of displaced people in Thailand.
The Senior Information Management Officer will play a key role in supporting the Information Management Manager to organize the Protection and Empowerment program’s information. This position will be taken responsible for preparing program data and content for project and communication documents of protection and empowerment program, in collaboration with the M&E team.
The Senior Information Management Officer will be based at IRC’s office in Mae Sot, under the direct supervision of the Information Management Manager. The position will work closely with M&E (Protection and Empowerment) team on data management activities and support the Information Management Manager in data processing and information integration of the Protection and Empowerment program.
Data handling and Reporting
• Assist the Information Management Manager to ensure quality of implementation of information management system including reliable and correctness of data collection, ensure functioning system to store and maintain data and information facilitate analysis process, and set up mechanism to disseminate and share information internally and externally.
• Responsible for data cleaning and data auditing for the protection and empowerment program database/spreadsheet.
• Review program database/information, extracting key finding and translate to data summary report to support program staff on data analysis exercise.
• Assist the Information Management Manager set up the identification coding with a relationship in each data/table/spreadsheet on the program data template to the IM product.
• Preparing and/or setting up the data structure as a database transaction on the IM system to support the visualization product and content analysis in the final data file.
• Serve as focal person to ensure quality of GIS data of the protection and empowerment program, including maintain, update information on GIS application, set up mechanism to disseminate and share information internally or externally.
• Work with M&E (Protection and Empowerment) team to determine data usage for program implementation and advocacy; transforming data to query files/dashboard development.
Communication and Data Visualization
• Translate technical data to develop the infographic document and summarize figures with general data analysis figures and/or graphic templates.
• Responsible to develop image and graphic package/pieces of the specific report such as map/graphic/icon/figure when need to include in the report papers.
• Prepare and create the program icon/symbol file and store it in the infographic application. Include with the design the new icon when need to create the new content design.
• Develop the data visualization/Graph in the database template for key analysis/Information summary to support report writing preparation.
• Perform other data visualization tasks as needed.
• Provide on the job support and mentoring to protection and empowerment staff and local partner in relevant technical and program data management competencies, such as infographic development, CommCare, and database.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Information Management Manager
Position Directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or External Contacts:
Internal: Senior Protection and Empowerment Coordinator, Protection and Empowerment staff and camp-base assistance in all Thailand sites, M&E Coordinator, Award Management Unit staff, Operation and Finance Unit staff
• A university degree in a relevant field (such as computer, statistical data management, social science, humanitarian, Economics, development, or a related subject area).
• Proven a minimum of 2 years’ experience in working in development and/or humanitarian program, experience in Social.
• Computer proficient, with experience using Microsoft Package in office document management including online communication platforms.
• Experience with mobile data collection such as Kobo, Commcare, ODK Collect, as well as managing data flow.
• Understand the concept of data management exercises relating to tables, spreadsheets, Functions, and Visualization technic. Knowledge of Power Query or SQL is an advantage.
• Knowledge of Data Visualization software such as MS Excel for chart design / PowerBI for data analysis. and Geography Information tools are an additional asset.
• Proficiency in basic knowledge of Infographic Development such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, or Graphic design applications is an advantage.
• Creativity, Design, and active learning of new things.
• Demonstrated analytical, systematic thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Good communication skills to work smoothly with colleagues from various cultures and backgrounds.
• Flexible, and adaptable to changing priorities and able to work well under deadlines.
• Open-Mind to learn and listen for feedback and adapt to the product.
• Able to communicate effectively in spoken and written Thai/English plus Karen and/or Burmese.
• Willingness to travel to field areas.
This position will be based in the IRC office in Mae Sot, with extensive travel to the field sites.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are interested, please apply via the link below.
Contact : HR Department
ขณะนี้มีเวปไซด์ปลอม หลอกให้โอนเงินบริจาคในนาม Oxfam โดยใช้ชื่อว่า th-oxfam.org กับ th-oxfam.com จึงขอแจ้งมา ณ ที่นี้ว่าปัจจุบัน องค์การอ็อกแฟมในประเทศไทยไม่ได้เปิดระดมทุนจากประชาชนทั่วไป และไม่มีการเปิดรับบริจาคใดๆ ทั้งสิ้น
At present, there are fake website under the names of th-oxfam.org and th-oxfam.com asking for donation, therefore, kindly be informed that Oxfam in Thailand currently does not accept any individual donation from the public and does not conduct any fundraising activity.
Please beware of donation scams!
เตือนภัย! ขณะนี้มีเว็บไซต์ปลอมและกลุ่มไลน์หลอกให้โอนเงินบริจาคให้แก่ Save the Children Thailand ทางมูลนิธิขอแจ้งว่าเว็บไซต์ของเรามีเพียง http://thailand.savethechildren.net เท่านั้น Save the Children Thailand ไม่อนุญาตให้บุคคลใดเรียกร้องและรับเงินบริจาคแทนมูลนิธิ และจะไม่ขอเงินบริจาคผ่านทางไลน์ หากท่านสงสัยว่าอาจจะกำลังถูกหลอกลวง กรุณาแจ้งตำรวจได้ทาง https://www.pct1599.net
Beware! There are currently fake websites and unauthorised LINE groups calling for donation, falsely claiming to be associated with Save the Children Thailand. Please be informed that our official website is http://thailand.savethechildren.net. We do not authorise any individuals to call for and accept donations on our behalf, and never ask for donations through LINE. If you have concerns that you are being deceived, please report directly to the police reporting channel - https://www.pct1599.net.
เว็บไทยเอ็นจีโอ สนับสนุนการใช้สัญญาอนุญาตครีเอทีฟคอมมอนส์และเผยแพร่แนวคิดวัฒนธรรมเสรี เนื้อหาในเว็บไซต์ไทยเอ็นจีโอดอทโออาจี ท่านสามารถเอาไปใช้งานได้เลยโดยไม่ต้องขออนุญาต เพียงท่านระบุที่มาและห้ามทำการค้า
ติดต่อประสานงาน - Contact
Tel : 099-014-3797
ผู้ดูแลเว็บ - Webmaster
Tel : 080-078-4016
บรรณาธิการ - Editor
Tel : 082-178-3849
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours : Mon-Fri , 9.00-17.00
2044/23 ถ.เพชรบุรีตัดใหม่ บางกะปิ ห้วยขวาง กรุงเทพ 10310
2044/23 New Phetchaburi Road, Bangkapi, Huai Khwang, Bankok 10310
+662 314 4112