Job Title: Program & Administrative Assistant
Duration: 1 year, with possibility of extension
Responsible to: Thailand Country Director
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand
Issara Institute is an independent non-profit organization based in Southeast Asia and the United States tackling human trafficking and forced labour from the lens of business and human rights. The Institute was established in 2014 by a team of anti-trafficking experts coming out of the United Nations who created an alliance of private sector, civil society, and government partners committed to transformational, sustainable, worker-driven approaches to labour issues, especially those occurring in global supply chains. It is staffed by leading regional and international experts in labour rights, business and human rights, and research and technology.
We believe that, together, we can transform the lives of tens of millions of workers through worker voice, partnership, and innovation - those sustainable systems driving more ethical labour recruitment and working conditions are vital to the future of workers individually and collectively, to equity and fairness across supply chains, and to sustainable poverty alleviation efforts.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Program & Admin Assistant will play a critical role in ensuring that the work of the Institute is streamlined, cost-effective, efficient, and in adherence to donor and partner policies, procedures, and regulations. The Program & Admin Assistant has responsibilities to organize major events in Thailand, provide administrative support to Issara overseas missions, and procure program-related supplies. The position will report to Thailand Country Director and work in collaboration with other teams across all offices.
Specific aspects of the scope of work of the Program & Admin Assistant include:
1. Provide administrative support to program activities and multi-stakeholder events
● Serve as the event coordinator for major Issara-hosted events, such as the Issara Global Forum, and other events leading up to the Global Forum such as the Thailand National Forum and the National Mobilizer Gathering in Thailand and other countries. Coordinate with finance, admin, and programs and make arrangements for event budget, venue, travel, logistics for participants, etc.
● Provide logistical support, in collaboration with the HR & Admin Officer, to field missions and events in Thailand, including arrangement of transportation, venue and hotel booking, and check expense clearing forms and receipts for Thailand and other teams across all offices.
● Provide logistical support to the regional and US-based teams and any visiting delegations for their missions to the relevant countries
2. Provide support in procurement of program-related supplies and equipment.
● Assist with vendor selection and vendor relationships in Thailand, ensuring good value for money and following procurement processes that are in compliance with Issara’s non-profit donor requirements.
● Coordinate with the programs team on the program supplies needed, such as worker voice outreach materials and Issara publications, and ensure the requested items are procured and delivered on time.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERTISE
We have a lean, dynamic, seasoned team that is committed to change, innovation, and impact. We are conscientious, hold a high standard of care for the people we serve, and understand that we have to be able to work effectively with partners spanning the largest multinational corporations to the smallest grassroots CBOs. Our work ecosystem is multicultural, respectful, and energetic, whether we are working on tasks in teams, or working alone from home. The Program Assistant should have:
● Bachelor’s degree in a relevant administration or social science discipline such associal science, or public administration, humanities or related field.
● Minimum 3 years’ experience working with International NGO related to program support and administration.
● Willingness to travel in Thailand when necessary.
● Personal interest and sensitivity in working with local communities and ability to work in a fast-paced, multicultural environment.
● Familiarity with Google programs, Slack, Zoom, and similar office productivity software
● Fluency in English required, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Ability to independently manage tasks without close supervision.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a CV, the names and contact details of three references, and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and relevant expertise to email@example.com. Please note a cover letter specific to motivation and relevance for this position is required for consideration.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org