: Community Partners International (CPI)
: 23 May 2023
5 / June / 2023
Management Information System (MIS) Coordinator
One year (Yearly extendable)
Number of Position
Chiang Mai, Thailand
40% working time
Reporting to this position
Community Partners International (CPI) is a U.S. nonprofit organization dedicated to empowering vulnerable communities in Asia to meet their essential health, humanitarian and development needs. Founded by U.S. doctors in 1998, the organization has grown to serve more than one million people each year. Community Partners International focuses on helping communities affected by conflict, violence, and displacement, in remote and hard-to-reach contexts, and marginalized by poverty and exclusion.
- Lead the development of the project’s management information system and Oracle-
based database in collaboration with the project team and software development team
- Develop, maintain and update the project related applications such as training
application, online learning system, management information system application and
web-based email notification system.
- Take the lead in troubleshooting issues for all project related applications and
management information system.
- Take the lead in deployment and maintenance of web applications on the cloud server
- Provide technical assistance related to management information system to CPI and
other consortium partner organizations
- Develop and participate in every step of application development including designing,
building and maintaining the applications and analyzing the technical requirements
based on users’ needs
- Act as a focal point for digital and information security of the project
- Assist in establishing and strengthening the project’s information management
- Assist the MEAL Specialist for the development of proper M&E database tools
according to the requirements of CPI, consortium partner organizations and donors
- Assist in the development of the project reporting system and data visualization
- Provide required trainings related to the project applications, database and
dashboards to the project team and colleagues from other consortium partners
- Assist with data validation and verification processes
- Maintain and support user-friendliness of the online learning platform of the project in
close collaboration with the Technical Manager and other teams
- Regular contact with M&E focals from partner organizations for MIS support
- Conduct other relevant duties as assigned
Capacity Building and Supporting other Staff
- Provide and facilitate trainings and sharing sessions to CPI (or) the project team and
other consortium partners relating to applications and information security
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science, data management, or any other relevant
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in designing, developing, implementing
and maintaining databases, especially as part of an INGO
- Strong experience in the development of mobile and web-based applications for
- Ability to develop both front end and back end architecture of web applications within
- Proficiency in fundamental front-end languages such as HTML, CSS, and
frameworks with PHP, React.
- Proficiency in any language and frameworks of front-end and server-side language
- Familiarity with Oracle database preferred
- Knowledge of cyber/digital security preferred
- Experience supporting any database system for the purpose of donor reporting in
humanitarian and/or development projects is highly preferred
- Excellent coordination, collaboration and communication skills with diverse teams,
multiple stakeholders, and local partners and willing to work in a multi-cultural setting
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Burmese
- Comfortable working with a variety of partners and navigating complex relationships
- Resourceful to resolve problems and take the initiative to find solutions
- Flexibility to allow for travel, variable working hours, and some modifications of tasks
and responsibilities as team and project needs change
All interested and qualified candidates are requested to send an Application Letter, Curriculum Vitae to:
- The closing date for application is before 17:00 pm Thailand Time (GMT+7) of (5-Jun-23, Monday), Thailand Standard Time.
- Please clearly mention the Position, Location and VA Number you are applying for in the email Subject Line.
- CPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin, age, marital status, or disability.
- Candidates are required to declare in advance should there be any relative or family member currently employed in CPI. Failure to do so can lead to termination of the employment contract even after successful selection.
- Because of the large volume of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Contract and position are contingent upon successful award of the project and final approval by the donor.