WFP encourages female candidates and people with disabilities to apply.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Duration: 1 year
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand
Vacancy Number: 171599
Date of Publication: 22 March, 2023
Deadline of applications: 05 April, 2023
This vacancy announcement is for Nationals from Bangkok, Thailand.
To provide specialized support functions and supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities. The Logistics Assistant will be reporting to the Logistics Associate and Associate and will work closely with the supervisor to carry out below tasks.
- Provide support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and facilitating, directly or indirectly, the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Respond to a variety of technical queries/requests for support, following standard processes, and obtaining guidance as required, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of all enquiries with a high standard of client service mind-set.
- Contribute to budget preparation, monitoring and revision for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
- Support in review of the Supply Chain funds monitoring controls and reports needed to measure performance (actuals vs. planned) and cost analysis including the quarterly monitoring tool for all countries.
- Assist in management of commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
- Assist in monitoring inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
- Process documentation for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating various issues to the supervisor. Create Purchase Requisition or Purchase Order and Logistics Transport Instruction for upcoming shipments and food dispatches and if necessary, Goods Received Notes.
- Any other duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable. University degree in Logistics / Supply Chain Management, Disaster Management, International Relations, Engineering, Business Administration, Management, Finance, Data Science or related fields would be an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Supply Chain Management.
- Experience maintaining corporate systems and running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, and food stock.
- Experience in administering third party service providers’ contracts.
- Experience in compiling contract documentation.
- Experience in contract execution.
- Experience in budget monitoring and reporting.
- Demonstrates ability to design basic supply chain networks, including appropriately assessing and escalating challenges to ensure that WFP is able to provide consistent and uninterrupted service to its beneficiaries and partners.
- Collects and analyses relevant technical data from diverse sources to forecast operational needs under various scenarios and makes evidence-based proposals.
- Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to consolidate preliminary data analysis, draft reports and disseminate information that represents concerns and trends.
- Demonstrates ability to collect market information and process and analyse proposals in line with WFP standard rules and regulations in order to deliver efficiently.
- Working knowledge of English language is required and additional local language a plus.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit ( JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
ผู้ช่วย / Assistant