- About The Institute for Sustainable Communities
The Institute for Sustainable Communities (ISC) is an international non-governmental agency working to unleash the power of people to transform their communities in the face of climate change. ISC's mission is to support communities, cities, and industries around the world address environmental, economic, and social challenges to build a better future shaped and shared by all.
Aiming to strengthen the lower Mekong region as a competitive, sustainable manufacturing hub, the Mekong Sustainability Manufacturing Alliance (The Alliance) program is driving private-sector adoption of improved environmental and social safeguards by factories in multiple sectors. The program focuses primarily on Cambodia, Thailand, and Vietnam, with country-specific and region-wide activities.
ISC is seeking a Consultant/Company to provide the joint procurement of biomass service for seven factories to support the coal phase-out initiative in Vietnam.
- Scope of Work
The Joint procurement of biomass will be focused on 4 provinces of Vietnam: Binh Duong, Long An, Dong Nai, and Tien Giang, which covers 7 selected factories. The details of the factories are listed in Annex 1. This project is expected to be commenced in May 2023 and will be completed in Aug 2023.
As part of the assessment, the Consultant/Company will specifically:
- Collect and analyze the biomass market in each factory's area, including the demand from other industries at the location of these seven factories.
- Collect and analyze the specific biomass information and requirements in the proposed factories above, including but not limited to demand or expected demand volume, biomass type, sustainable biomass source requirements, and other relevant information to the group procurement process and negotiation.
- Set up the category and requirements, including the sustainable biomass sources, to select the biomass vendors.
- Survey the potential biomass sources and biomass suppliers in the region based on the needs of the factories, and biomass requirements from adidas and ISC.
- Implement the procurement process, including developing the request for proposal (RFP), calling for the proposals, bid analysis, and finalizing the list of at least three potential biomass suppliers for each group of the factory.
- Coordinate to clarify the information in the proposals.
- Hold and moderate the workshop to connect and engage the factories with potential biomass suppliers.
- Provide the recommendations to these seven factories for future negotiations, both price, and volume, stability sources, and logistical and storage arrangement, to ensure these factories will have a sustainable biomass supply.
- A list of at least 5 biomass suppliers for each factory that fits with the selection criteria agreed upon earlier with the factories, adidas, and ISC
- The assessment of all proposals received, highlighting the top 3 proposals of 3 biomass suppliers, based on the pre-defined criteria
- Recommended agreement template(s) and customized advices for each factory to proceed to agreement negotiations and signing
- Summary report on project findings in Word document format (max 20 pages) and PPT slides (max 20 slides content and 20 background slides)
The Consultant/Company must have:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the biomass market and a track record in a procurement implementation
- Experiences in working with biomass suppliers, boiler operation, and/or manufacturers
- Experiences in providing similar services
- Local presence in Vietnam with the ability to work and travel to the project site
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Vietnamese is required.
- Submission Requirements
Interested Consultant/Company must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services, along with cost information, by submitting a proposal (English) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with "RFP – Joint procurement of biomass" in the subject line by March 29, 2023, midnight ICT. Proposals should include the following information (max total of 5 pages).
- A narrative outlining the vision for the work along with the suggested methodology, work plan, and/or other technical inputs for the assignment. Also, include the geography and sector focus.
- Description of qualifications
- Three references who can speak to consultant's successful completion of similar work, with contact details (email and telephone)
- Cost information: The consultant should submit a detailed cost proposal in USD currency.
- The proposed price should include VAT, taxes, fees, logistics, accommodation and reflect all expenditures to achieve the deliverables. The proposed price cannot be further adjusted after the proposal submission.