Job Title: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Protection & Empowerment)
Department: Crisis Response, Recovery, and Development
Location: Mae Sot
Application Deadline: 28th March 2023
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises, helping to restore health, safety, education, economic wellbeing, and power to people devastated by conflict and disaster. Founded in 1933 at the call of Albert Einstein, the IRC is at work in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities helping people to survive, reclaim control of their future and strengthen their communities. The IRC has been operating in Thailand since 1975 and currently provides assistance to displaced person in Tak, Kanchanaburi, Ratchaburi and Mae Hong Son provinces.
IRC strives to produce quality proposals, reports and evaluations that illustrate measurement of contractual goals and activities, but also includes analysis of context and dynamic needs of beneficiaries at the community-level. Programming and program cycle management thus require a more strategic and technically sound approach to monitoring and evaluation (M&E) in order to better support program management, compliance to donor reporting and learning through consolidation and dissemination of lessons learnt from completed and ongoing programs.
Under the direct supervision of M&E Manager, this position is responsible for supporting all M&E related assignments of the IRC Thailand Protection and Empowerment Program to ensure all M&E related activities aligned with the IRC Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) standards. The position assists M&E Manager on development and implementation of the Protection and Empowerment program monitoring and evaluation framework to ensure quality, timely, accurate and utility information in support of implementation of the program sector activities.
Data Management and Quality Assurance
• Assist on regular updating on archiving projects M&E key documents, guidelines, tools, data files, analysis files, reports and presentations in shared drive or box.
• Participate in implementation of data collection methodologies and data quality control tools including a data collection sheet, about timing and frequency of data collection.
• Provide M&E technical support to and work collaboratively with Protection and Empowerment team.
• Provide inputs in development/adaptation of M&E tools and data collection tools.
• Conduct periodic data quality assurance with Protection and Empowerment team and partners ensuring needed data is collected and able to be reported with quality.
• Conduct data verification and analysis for project data.
• Strictly follow documentation procedures in accord with M&E guidelines.
• Assist in any project assessment, surveys, operational research and field testing of M&E tools and systems as needed.
• Work with M&E Manager on field monitoring and evaluation to ensure quality project activities and develop propositions for improvement.
• Develop and maintain database and dashboard in collaboration with the M&E Manager, Information Management Manager to enhance the visualization for project progress tracking.
Reporting and Compliance
• Provide technical input on donor reporting in accordance with standardized M&E templates and ensure all M&E reports are produced with highest quality and submitted in a timely manner.
• Regular update the project indicator tracking sheets in collaboration with program activities.
• Support the implementation of accountability mechanism to integrate community feedback into project planning, implementation and evaluation.
• Work with the M&E Coordinator and M&E Manager (Protection and Empowerment) to strengthen M&E system.
• Provide on the job support and mentoring to protection and empowerment staff and partners’ staff, and design trainings on data quality, management and analysis based on staff and M&E training needs and conduct follow-up of each training.
• Assis technical managers and senior managers in providing technical oversight for the quality control of programs.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: M&E Manager (Protection and Empowerment)
Position Directly supervises: N/A
Indirect Reporting: N/A
Other Internal and/or External Contacts:
Internal: Senior Protection and Empowerment Coordinator, Protection and Empowerment staff and camp-base assistance in all Thailand sites, M&E Coordinator, Award Management Unit staff, Operation and Finance Unit staff
External: Local community-based partner organizations, non-government organization
• A University degree in a relevant field (such as: computer, statistics & data management, social science, public health, development economics, or a related subject area)
• A minimum of 3 years of working experience in Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning-related functions.
• Technical skills in quality M&E/MEAL processes including logical frameworks and result-based monitoring.
• Proficiency and experience with mobile data collection such as Kobo, Commcare, ODK Collect is vital as well as proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Access, or other similar software. Knowledge of Power Bi is additional assets.
• Demonstrated analytical, systematic-thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Solution oriented, committed, and good communication skill to work smoothly with colleagues from various culture and backgrounds.
• Strong understanding of accountability and proven ability to build Client Feedback Systems.
• Willingness to travel to field areas.
• Highly organized, flexible, and adaptable to changing priorities and able to work well under deadlines with minimum supervision.
• Able to communicate effectively in spoken and written English skills and plus Karen, Thai and/or Burmese.
This position will be based in the IRC office in Mae Sot, with extensive travel to the field sites.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are interested, please apply for this position via the below link:
Contact : HR Department